cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Two Questions

Zircon
Explorer
Explorer
1. I recently took delivery of a 2015 Chevy Silverado 3500 extended cab long box. Since I have a truck camper, I ordered the trailering wiring provisions for camper, fifth wheel, and gooseneck trailer which includes an additional 7-way wiring harness routed to the front of the pickup box. That was the UY2 option for $55. Does anyone know where the heck it's situated? Thought maybe on top of the gas tank ... but, it doesn't seem like it. I think maybe, just maybe, that it's coiled up in the area of the spare tire ... wrapped in plastic ties ... but, it's difficult to see and I don't want to cut anything loose only to have to tie it up again if it isn't what I was looking for. If that actually is it back there, what happened to 'routed to the front of the pickup box', I wonder?

2. I wanted to upload a little helpful post on a TC topic ... including photos. I can't seem to find any instructions here, though. I'm pretty sure I have to host the photos somewhere else and only use the URL's in the post here on RV.NET but are there restrictions on where they can be hosted? I upload a lot to Flickr, so I was wondering if that would be OK? Also, does this site automatically set the correct size, or would I have to do that with Photoshop or some other image manipulation program first? Flickr makes the different sizes available in URL form, so that might work if there is a restriction.

Any help you can give on either of these questions would be greatly appreciated.
15 REPLIES 15

jmckelvy
Explorer
Explorer
Don't know about the 2015 but I ordered my previous 2001 Chevy 2500HD with that option. IIRC it was located secured to the wiring harness at the drivers side front of the bed. You have to get under there and dig it out. It does not have a connector installed.
06 RAM 3500,Dually,CTD,Auto(ATS Stage 1),QC,4X4,PacBrake,Spyntec Freespin Hubs,60 Gal Titan Tank,EFI Live, Line-X,Torklifts and SuperHitch,Fastguns
2013 Arctic Fox 990, 275 Watts Solar, 2 Grp 31 AGMs
US Navy 1964-1968, 2-Tour Vietnam Vet