cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

***update on truck and camper weight***

billyray50
Explorer
Explorer
Well some of you fellow TCers may have remembered my previous posts regarding my 2012 Adventurer 86 FB dry weight and truck issues. Had the front end i.e. ball joints, tie rods, track bar bushings all replaced. Much improved. I recently went to a new Flying J truck stop and reweighed my 2006 Dodge 2500 CTD 4x4 long bed with tailgate off,full tank of diesel, myself at 185 pounds, my 4 year old granddaughter:) who weighs 36 pounds, booster seat 3 pounds, happijac tiedowns, emergency road kit in back seat and truck weighed at CAT scale at 7340 lbs. Last august I weighed it at Loves truck stop CAT scale and it came in 7080 lbs. I must not have been on scale right. Which is why I thought my camper weighed more.. This time I asked the manager if my truck was located on scale properly and confirmed that it was. Today I went and got the camper from storage and loaded it up and went to weigh the combo again. Truck, myself, and camper, no grandaughter:( weighed 10,400 with camper dry. Fridge empty, Fresh water tank empty, 1 gallon in gray and black of water/antifreeze, 2 full propane tanks, 2 12 volt Batteries. No TV

Here is the breakdown: Truck: Steer axle 4500 lbs. Drive axle : 2840 lbs.

Truck/camper : Steer axle :4680 Drive axle :5720 lbs.

So if my figures are right the campers dry weight is 10,400 - 7340 = 3060...Minus granddaughter weight of 36 equals 3024 lbs. 2880 riding on rear axle?? Look right??
15 REPLIES 15

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
No, 5720 is on the rear axle. You can't guarantee how of your granddaughters weight is on the rear. The camper weight on rear is right at 3000 though. The amount that is camper doesn't really matter. To get more of a perfect number you also have to account for tied owns/mounts.

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member