cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Waiting for spring

llowllms
Explorer
Explorer
After experiencing 1 degree weather in middle Tennessee I am looking forward to our first camping reservation this spring. Seeing the rig sitting by the house makes me think it's calling out, let's go get warm further south. Funny how the mind works in the winter. Anyone else having these thoughts?
32 REPLIES 32

spoon059
Explorer II
Explorer II
Tennessee... you aren't that far from warm temps, why don't you camp through the winter? I drive 900 miles to get to Florida every winter for 2 weeks. You can make it to Atlanta in 4 hours...

Shoot, looking at average temps in your area, you can probably camp year round at home. Average high of 50, average low of 33 in January, starts warming up in February... why aren't you camping RIGHT NOW? ๐Ÿ˜ƒ
2015 Ram CTD
2015 Jayco 29QBS

mileshuff
Explorer
Explorer
Why I love living in AZ. Year round RV'ing! In the spring and summer we head to the mountains where its usually in the 70's while Phoenix bakes in the 100's. In the fall and winter we RV in the desert areas outside of Phoenix or in Southern AZ, California etc. Our 5'er never sits in storage more than a few weeks!
2014 Winnebago 26FWRKS 5th Wheel
2007.5 Dodge 2500 6.7L Diesel
2004 Dodge Durango Hemi 3.55 (Used to tow TT)

FLY_4_FUN
Explorer
Explorer
Yep, booking our first trip this week but spring is still a long ways off. Dropped in on our rig a few days back to ensure all is well but at -6F didnt stay long. Rv show is a month away, so thats a plus. I used to like winter for skiing etc but now can barely tolerate it. Its probably very wrong....but I am thinking maybe global warming isn't so bad for rv'ers

Daryll
2012 Dodge Ram 3500 crew SB 4x4 CTD 3.73
2015 Brookstone 315RL
2009 Colorado 29BHS (sold 2015)
05 Jayflight 29BHS (sold 2008)
99 Jayco Eagle 12SO (sold 2005)