cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Walmartian

CptnBG
Explorer
Explorer
Don't know why but this camper has been jacked up in the air of a local Walmart for quite a while now. Almost looks abandoned. Hope this is not the case.

'03 2500HD CrewCab SB 6.0 Gas 4x4
'04 Northstar Laredo SC
Bilsteins 5100
2014 1500 Silverado 5.3 Double Cab
1951 Chevy 3100
Formally OBXcamper
51 REPLIES 51

mattyj
Explorer
Explorer
Maybe it was stolen.
2006 Ford F 350, 6.0 PSD 8 Foot Bed 4x4 with Torklift Tie downs ,Stable Loads ,rear Helwig Swaybar,airlifts 5000 , Method 305 HD rims . 2019 Adventurer 89 RBS, slideout, Generator

sleepy
Explorer
Explorer
mkirsch wrote:
Bedlam wrote:
mkirsch wrote:
Regardless of what the reason is, it's "nunya bizness." It's between that Walmart's management/security, and the owner of the TC. They will deal with it.

The people sticking their head in the sand hoping the problem will go away are the same ones that then wonder why new restrictions are being placed on them when they were not involved. Unfortunately we don't each live in our own bubble - The actions of others affect our lives too. Remember that inaction or apathy also gets a response, not just reaction.

Not sticking my head anywhere, and that's the point. It's none of my business, none of yours, and none of anyone's here.

There are company and legal procedures regarding abandoned property, and a "good samaritan" sticking their nose in usually causes more harm than good.

Good reply
2003 Lance 1161,/slideout/AGM batteries/255W Solar/propane generator/Sat dish/2 Fantastic Fans/AC/winter pkg
AirFoil, Trimetric, LED lights, Platcat vent heat

2003GMC K3500 LT/Crewcab/duramax diesel/allison/dually/4x4/OnStar/front reciever mounted spare

sleepy
Explorer
Explorer
Bonesquatch wrote:
I’m with the “mind your own business” crowd. Unless you’re a professional tow truck driver or RV storage lot owner, best worry about your own. There’s a lot of reasons somebody may have left their camper there. Without knowing the full story, it’s silly to inject yourself into somebody else’s situation. But that’s just my opinion.

I agree... if people want to interfere they should leave a note with their name, address, and phone number.... so the guy they are telling on can visit them and thank them properly

Some people just want to be in charge so much that they assume Titles thinking the rest of us will be impressed.

Sort of like “Captain schoolbus driver” bossing the kids.

Chet... or Sleepy
2003 Lance 1161,/slideout/AGM batteries/255W Solar/propane generator/Sat dish/2 Fantastic Fans/AC/winter pkg

2003GMC K3500 LT/Crewcab/duramax diesel/allison/dually/4x4/OnStar/front reciever mounted spare

sleepy
Explorer
Explorer
mkirsch wrote:
Regardless of what the reason is, it's "nunya bizness." It's between that Walmart's management/security, and the owner of the TC. They will deal with it.

Good for you....

Sleepy (Chet)

Bedlam
This is why some stores no longer allow overnight stops:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h1AWLo_fK1U

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

mountainkowboy
Explorer
Explorer
Kayteg1 wrote:
If you think Oregon does that only for the money or the Walmart camper is a problem W A T C H ......... T H I S

They have to live with there mistakes, I will not EVER live in a city of any size.
Chuck & Ruth with 4-legged Molly
2007 Tiffin Allegro 30DA
2011 Ford Ranger
1987 HD FLHTP

Kayteg1
Explorer II
Explorer II
If you think Oregon does that only for the money or the Walmart camper is a problem W A T C H ......... T H I S

mountainkowboy
Explorer
Explorer
Grit dog wrote:
KKELLER14K wrote:
No plates on it either..kind of hard to say whats going on here. Nice rock under the right rear jack to get it off what ever it was on.

Yeah, only a handful of stupid states like ours require you to put a license plate on “cargo.”

Oregon too...just another way for the state to make money.
Chuck & Ruth with 4-legged Molly
2007 Tiffin Allegro 30DA
2011 Ford Ranger
1987 HD FLHTP

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
KKELLER14K wrote:
No plates on it either..kind of hard to say whats going on here. Nice rock under the right rear jack to get it off what ever it was on.

Yeah, only a handful of stupid states like ours require you to put a license plate on “cargo.”
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5” turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

DWeikert
Explorer II
Explorer II
KKELLER14K wrote:

Most states don't put plates on a TC. If that were my camper and it had a licence plate that would mean I was driving the truck without plates.
Dan
2008 Chevy D/A 2500HD ECSB
2010 Northstar 8.5 Adventurer

c_traveler2
Nomad
Nomad
wanderingbob wrote:
Looks like a 815 ?

Yes it's a Lance 815, I have one.
2007 F-250 4x4 /6.0 PSD/ext cab/ 2020 Bunduvry

Lance 815/ 85 watts solar panel (sold)
2020 Bunduvry by BundutecUSA

Travelingman2 Photo Website
Truck Camper Trip Reports 3.0
travelingman21000 YouTube Videos
Alex and Julie's Travels Blog

KKELLER14K
Explorer II
Explorer II

Travels_with_Yo
Explorer
Explorer
I live in Georgia and our local Walmart is perfectly fine with overnight parking 🙂

Kayteg1
Explorer II
Explorer II
When California Walmarts have to observe city laws forbidding parking commercial vehicles AND RVs in any spot under jurisdiction, it was Georgia Walmart where I was waken up at 5 AM by tow-truck driver who told me to move or be Club-ed.
Fact is that at that location it was semi-trucks who abused the privileges and when leaving, I could see several semi-tractors having Clubs on front wheels.
I still remember San Diego Rest Area having sign "no parking between 1 AM and 2 AM"
That place was PACKED with RVs and when I was there after sundown - nobody was leaving. Few years ago, so I wonder if city made new laws.
I know Arizona allows overnight parking on any road but inside Parks.
Maybe we should make TC-specific topic where can we stay overnight legally, where brushing the law and where to avoid?
Side reflexion, when you park commercially-registered truck with TC on it in the city that forbids commercial and RV overnight, do you get 2 tickets?