cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Warranty question & looking for NC Dealerships

larson101
Explorer
Explorer
When you purchase a tt from a dealership and have a warranty, are you required to have any repairs done at the dealership you bought it from? We are looking to buy a tt now, but will be moving to FL next year.

Looking for suggestions of any "good" dealerships in North Carolina. ๐Ÿ™‚ We live near Fayetteville, NC near Raleigh.

Thanks!
8 REPLIES 8

larson101
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks! We are military, so we will never remain in the same place. So I guess it really doesn't matter what the answer is. ๐Ÿ™‚ I was just hoping to hear that it is possible to receive warranty work at other locations that sell/provide service to the particular brand we buy. I guess it will just be up to us to visit and get a feel for the options we have and go with one that will work with us the best.

Thanks!

Terryallan
Explorer II
Explorer II
In truth. It prolly isn't as hard to get dealers to do warranty work as you think. I bought my APEX in SC. However Terrill Camping Center services Forest River, but does not sell APEX. I was down there to buy a part. The manager told me. IF you have any problems, just bring it by. Forest River lets us service all their lines. We will be glad to do yours. So it seems to me, NO problems.
Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers

Bucky_Badger
Explorer
Explorer
Good luck getting it repaired somewhere else under warranty. You will probably be put at the end of the line continuously.

When you get to FL, become friends with your dealer, go in buy some things, chat with people. That may help you in the long run
2010 F150 5.4, 3.55, 4x4, Equli-z-er Hitch
2007 Forest River Salem 27RB LE
and
2009 Nomad 3980

larson101
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you!! I kinda figured that we "could" get it repaired elsewhere, but that it would be ideal to do it where you buy it.

I would personally rather tent camp than buy from Camping World! ๐Ÿ˜• Especially this one here in Fayetteville. I will check out the suggested places! Thanks!

amxpress
Explorer
Explorer
There's a Camping World just outside of of Fayetteville. Mixed reviews on their sales & service. They do have dealers all over the US.
Might be worth a trip up to Raleigh. There's a dealer in Goldsboro and I can recommend a good dealer in LaGrange, NC (Horizon RV).
Good luck. I know where a good used fiver is on a dealer's lot.
2021 Toyota Tundra TRD Off Road double cab
2022 Airstream International 27FB
Blue Ox Sway Pro hitch
M.I.L is self quatanting in Jacksonville Zoo

Terryallan
Explorer II
Explorer II
Ditto for Tom Johnson Marion. Bumgarner's in Hudson is good as well, and Terrill Camping Center in Denver. I know those are not close to you, But they are among the best in NC.
Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers

darsben
Explorer II
Explorer II
While the first answer is technically NO the reality is that some dealerships have very little interest in servicing a rig they did not sell. This might leave you without a rig for a long period of time. At this point the manufacturer is important in getting your needs taken care of. Some manufacturers are better at helping their customers than others. SO the most important thing for you is your predelivery inspection with the selling dealer. You will NEVER EVER be in a better position as when the dealer wants the money. Payment should not be made until the unit is 100% perfect and you should not give the dealer the money until the rig is perfect in every way. Take the time to go over EVERY SINGLE ITEM. Pull out the awning, Make sure the appliances work. Tell the dealer you want the fridge on 24 hours in advance. Water needs to be in the holding tank. Try everything if the dealer balks then do not give him the money
Traveling with my best friend my wife!

harold1946
Explorer
Explorer
To the first question the answer is no.
To the second I would recommend Tom Johnsons in Marion NC.
Harold and Linda
2009 CT Coachworks siena 35V
W-22 Workhorse 8.1L
Explorer Sport toad