cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Water all over the floor - PLEASE HELP

Ace_
Explorer
Explorer
I went to fill the PUP (Fleetwood E3) with water and the kids started screaming that the PUP was filling with water. I came in and found water was flowing from where the slide out is or the fuse box/inverter/electrical cord is. I can't see where it is leaking because it's "in the wall" of the pup. I'm guessing the water pump is under there.

Any ideas? I can't figure out how to get to the pump without completely taking the (wooden) wall apart. I'm at my wits end. We have family coming and they are going to stay in the PUP this week and we have a camping trip planned in two weeks. It looks like you can get to the pump from under the PUP but the nuts and screws just turn and don't come off. Do I have to take the wall apart?
2015 Four Wheel Camper Hawk (on order, impatiently waiting)
2005 Ford F250 CC, V10, 4.30, 4x4
Triple A RV in Medford Sucks
8 REPLIES 8

Cape_Cod_Mounta
Explorer
Explorer
Glad you found it. Now put it on our list for winterization. I used to run the RV antifreeze through it before shutdown but I couldn't stand the residual smell and aftertaste the next season. Even extensive flushing of the system. Now I disconnect the fitting on the pump and blow it out with an air hose.
Works for me.
Happy camping.
Destinations on purpose: Canada: Alberta, BC, Nove Scotia, PEI, New Brunswick. USA: ME,NH,MA,VT,NY,MT,WY,MN,MI,WI,GA,VA,FL,UT,CA,OR,ID,CO,NV,AZ
:BLife is Good
2009 Jayco 1206
2011 Toyota Tundra

rode2nowhere
Explorer
Explorer
atleast it was cheap, now go camping....

Ace_
Explorer
Explorer
It was a pump strainer!!!! It was the bowl that broke!!!

Ace_
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Cape Cod, that was it. I found a broken piece of plastic this morning and didn't know what it went to. Looks like there is a filter on the pump that has a plastic housing that broke. I don't know how, but I can only guess there was residual water that froze. I can't think of any other way it would have broken. I thought the pump was further back in the rig, but it was under the dinette. Thanks again.

skipnchar
Explorer
Explorer
My fist guess would be the fill tube from the gravity port to the water tank has separated or broken. Not likely to be the pump unless the pump were running at the time. It is ALSO possible that it is the water tank itself as most pups have the tanks located above the floor.
2011 F-150 HD Ecoboost 3.5 V6. 2550 payload, 17,100 GCVWR -
2004 F-150 HD (Traded after 80,000 towing miles)
2007 Rockwood 8314SS 34' travel trailer

US Govt survey shows three out of four people make up 75% of the total population

Ace_
Explorer
Explorer
That was my thought, that water should not have come from there while filling. No power to the pump at that point. After I cleaned up the water I did turn on the pump, and the faucet, hoping to figure out more, but there was no more water coming out from under the dinette and the pump just ran and ran without pressure. Water did not come out of the faucet for more than 15 seconds, then it was dry.

Cape_Cod_Mounta
Explorer
Explorer
The pump should be easy to find and get at. If you have a pull out dining are the pump is under that. Unscrew the metal trim bar along the floor of the pull out. Could be that a hose has come off. If the pump was allowed to freeze, the plastic parts could be snapped and the pump will need replacement. Also a chance that mice got hold of the hoses.
What confuses me a little about your issue is that it occurred while filling. Was the pump turned on? Even if the pump was damaged or hoses disconnected the water should have stayed in the tank or spilled out the overflow.
Any more clues for us?
Destinations on purpose: Canada: Alberta, BC, Nove Scotia, PEI, New Brunswick. USA: ME,NH,MA,VT,NY,MT,WY,MN,MI,WI,GA,VA,FL,UT,CA,OR,ID,CO,NV,AZ
:BLife is Good
2009 Jayco 1206
2011 Toyota Tundra

GENECOP
Explorer II
Explorer II
Does it only leak while filling the storage tank? How about the city water? It's obviously some leak from a connection or inline....the only way to correct it is to expose it...