Travel Trailer Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

GMC Sierra 3500 diesel dually MPG

I’m thinking about buying a truck and a 20k 5er, and wanted to get an idea of mpg. If I’m traveling on the highways at 65 mph, do you have an idea on the mpg I might get. I’m hoping others have a similar setup, and might be able to share their experi...

TGR35qba by Explorer
  • 25 replies
  • 0 likes

Kelderman suspension

I'm interested in the ultimate suspension set-up for a truck camper. Does anyone have this set-up on their truck?i have a 2017 f350 drw w/a northern lite 10'4" 3300lb camper. I'm looking for a system above and beyond the average suspension mods.tha...

BMB by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Attwood camper jack problems PLEASE HELP

I just bought a camper and 2 of my Jack's are ratcheting on the way down when they have pressure on them. Is there anyway to take these apart. Os there suppose to be a pin all the through the bottom gear where my finger is? I'm thinking that pin cou...

borgy by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

F150 and active sway

New Jayco 28bhs, 2014 F150, towed it from lake George and it was allllllllllll over the road. Have an EAZ-lift Trecker system. Found out after a stop at camping world and Ford dealer, that the active sway in the f-150 is fighting the Trecker sway s...

NYWarren by Explorer
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes

Do you need aftermarket gauges on your diesel?

If you're running stock then the answer is no for the most part, but even then keeping an eye on important temps can help you prevent major engine failure. Had this happen to a friend of mine on his stock LML when he was towing his RV down to the co...

New Ford F-250 Lariat

Hi EveryoneI’m in the process of buying/ordering a new F250 Turbo Diesel Lariat Crew Cab. It will primarily be used for towing our 30 ft., 8K lbs 5th whl. The 8K figure is scale weight as it rolls down the road with a 10K gross, 1900 lb pin wt. Occa...

Hitch Extender

I bought a 14" hitch extender today as I was in a tight spot a couple of weeks ago and almost took out a tail light:)Turns out....the extender REDUCES tongue and tow weight by 50%.Makes sense....but I didn't even consider those physicsSo....back it ...

_1nobby by Explorer
  • 36 replies
  • 0 likes

Does your 6.4 Hemi eat lifters?

This is a little bit of a stretch for tow vehicles but since the Ram's have the 6.4 Hemi option it kinda fits.I have a Challenger 392 SRT with the 6.4 and it developed a tick at 24K miles (believe it or not, it's been babied). From my research befor...

ScottG by Nomad
  • 31 replies
  • 0 likes

F250 Vs F350 Crew Cab

My current angst is f250 vs f350. Our current 5ver has a pin weight of 1840 which pushes me up against the 10k gross weight, And the cargo weight of approximately 2100. The axle load on the 5ver is normally around 8K. We have towed this way for we...

New Tow Vehicle Advice Needed

I'm new to RVing and I'm looking for our first travel Trailer. After looking at quite a few travel trailers I've come to the conclusion that I may need to upgrade my Pick-up Truck (2006 Tundra with 57K miles on it) because it can only pull 7000 lbs ...

Water line drain/valve/tank fill-up question

I think I know the issue at hand, but would love your input. At end of every camping trip, before leaving, I open the low point drain valves. I am noticing that there is a LOT of water coming out which is making me believe the fresh water tank may be...

crazyro by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Back from first long trip and need a couple things

Just towed. ~2200 miles and had a blast. Need a few things, hope you can help me out.I finally fully understand my coupler lock. I need a pin, or better yet a little lock to secure it. Any tips?Couple of the places we camped had sewer dumps which wer...

Help with Replacement Gutters

Anyone have a suggestion on what to replace my bent up gutter rail with? I've been looking for something similar but can't seem to find something that I feel will work. Would love some help here. It's a 2017 Salem Cruise 22' TT. The gutter rail meas...