Travel Trailer Group
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

How hard to replace siding on 2 year old trailer?

2015 Heartland North Trail. Even though a couple years ago I resealed all the windows and every possible place water can get in, one side of my trailer's siding is delaminating just about everywhere. There is no sign of water damage - I checked when ...

bbells by Explorer
  • 27 replies
  • 0 likes

Gast Tank Switch Over Valve Reset

I am sure this has been discussed before, but I just wanted to pass along my recent experience.I have dual 30lb horizontal, removable, propane tanks in my camper and up until preparing for this last trip, they have been no problem. However, this tim...

destination trailer advice please

We have found our campground for the summers and would like to trade our fifth wheel for a destination trailer about 34 feet. Need advice on models please.Front kitchen (don't like to walk into the kitchen) and front kitchen seem to have more counte...

what type roof do I have?

We have a 2016 Hideout 28BHSWE. Looked through our manuals and online and can't find what type roof we have. Can anyone help?On our way home from trip last week we notice it ballooning in front. Want to know what type roof to know if wecan diy or nee...

Tired of cold showers ugh

Well we're about 1500 miles into our first ever RV adventure which has been great but our propane system isn't working well. We have a 2013 14rb AR-ONE. The problem we are having is that the propane won't continually flow over a longer than 10-15 min...

Extended vs standard wheelbase on full-size van

My family is considering (at some point in the future) moving from towing our travel trailer using a half-ton truck (F150) to using a one-ton van like the Chevy Express 3500, to buy us some extra seating while also increasing our payload capacity.The...

josephc by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Harsh Lighting

Only my second post so take it easy on me. The lighting in our new 2018 Winnie 2455BHS is very harsh (like hospital lighting). First, how do I get to the bulb itself? I tried to jiggle the plastic lighting cover and it didn't pop off easily so I d...

Site length vs unit length

Hey guys. I booked a site at Davidson river campground and the site says max length 38’ and driveway 44’. My camper is 35’ long and with my 12 passenger van it’s like 58’ long. This is my second time with the new 35’ camper. I had a 30’ before. M...

NCMODELA by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Low Shore Voltage

Last week we ran into an issue where the campground shore power for our site was only coming in at 104 volts(30 amps). We have a Progressive surge protector and it would not let the power flow. Reported it as a Low Voltage. The campground was full so...

PApopup by Explorer
  • 50 replies
  • 0 likes

Tie down extension help

So I'm running a 04 okanagan 811 meant for lb/sb in my lb dually. The issue we had last year was the rear tiedown point would hit my fender if we stuck it there, so to make our vacation we just tied it to the bumper on the tc. Now that I got time I w...

sasq40 by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Question about Aerolite Travel Trailers

Does anyone have any experience / opinions about Aerolite campers ?? There is one for sale near me that would fill my needs and be a nice replacement for the one I have now. Anyone here ever have one ? Does it have the rubber roof ? It looks in the p...

Pickup / Travel Trailer Wash Locations / Suggestions

I'll finally (!) be hitting the road by the end of the month - only 3 months later than planned. At 65 y.o. I'm a newbie & have an F-150 with a canopy /shell / topper and a 12' x 7' toy hauler.Due to a disability I can't wash them myself so what are ...

PDX1953 by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Hitch and Bars Storage While Camping?

I have a 14K Equalizer Hitch with the square bars. In the past I have left it attached to truck hitch with a hitch pin lock Now that my new to me truck sits higher, the tailgate, when lowered, hits hitch ball when hitch is installed.I would like to k...

Baja_Man by Explorer
  • 26 replies
  • 0 likes