cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Water Controls in Shower

Turbo_Diesel_Du
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2013 Forest River Flagstaff Ultra Lite (Right 7500 lbs) that has the shower water valve which I think is incorrect as is backwards like righty tighty lefty loosey which is backwards on the cold side. In other words clockwise on the cold OPENS the valve while counterclockwise closes it. Dealer says it's correct when I questioned him about it. Never head of this before. Any others? Hot side is correct.
charles weidman
16 REPLIES 16

wmoses
Explorer
Explorer
Turbo Diesel Dude wrote:
I have a 2013 Forest River Flagstaff Ultra Lite (Right 7500 lbs) that has the shower water valve which I think is incorrect as is backwards like righty tighty lefty loosey which is backwards on the cold side. In other words clockwise on the cold OPENS the valve while counterclockwise closes it. Dealer says it's correct when I questioned him about it. Never head of this before. Any others? Hot side is correct.

What defines 'correct'? 🙂

I suspect it is 'standard' for these Forest River RVs, so in a sense it is correct in that it is working and is consistent with other FR products. On my RV the behaviour is the same. AAMOF to turn the hot on you have to turn the hot water knob counter-clockwise while, as is the case with yours, the opposite direction on the other knob turns on the cold water. lOW, turn the knobs 'outwards' to turn on, and 'inwards' to turn off.
Regards,
Wayne
2014 Flagstaff Super Lite 27RLWS Emerald Ed. | Equal-i-zer 1200/12,000 4-point WDH
2010 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 5.3L 6-speed auto | K&N Filter | Hypertech Max Energy tune | Prodigy P3
_

waynec1957
Explorer
Explorer
If it's a single handle valve...it's possible that's correct.
2013 Chevy Sliverado 2500 HD LS Crew Cab
Duramax/Allison, HD Tow Package, GCWR 24,500

2017 KZ Sportsmen S330 IK