cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Water fill up onboard tank

Dealwiddit
Explorer
Explorer
I just purchased a 2015 Keystone Laredo. I have had several units in the past and they all had a water fill up where you just stuck a hose in and filled up. This unit has a switch between onboard and city connector only. So how do i fill up at state parks etc where you have to haul jerry cans? Any creative help will be appreciated.

Thanks
33 REPLIES 33

Lantley
Nomad
Nomad
My convenience center has a connection where you can attach siphon hose and suck/draw water from a bucket or container. No mods required, the factory already provided a connection. I'm surprised a 2015 model does not have a OEM method to fill fresh tank when there is not pressurized water available
19'Duramax w/hips, 2022 Alliance Paradigm 390MP >BD3,r,22" Blackstone
r,RV760 w/BC20,Glow Steps, Enduraplas25,Pedego
BakFlip,RVLock,Prog.50A surge ,Hughes autoformer
Porta Bote 8.0 Nissan, Sailun S637

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
sam22 wrote:
2oldman wrote:
Hauling jerry cans is not a way to get a sufficient amount of water, unless you like navy showers and paper plates.
Lol I love these people who have nothing useful or constructive to add to a conversation but still feel the need to share their opinion....which I guess I've just sort of done.
What's unconstructive about it? The OP doesn't *have* to haul jerry cans. If he wants to get offended he'll say so. My answers aren't directed at anyone else.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

dave54
Nomad
Nomad
2oldman wrote:
Hauling jerry cans is not a way to get a sufficient amount of water, unless you like navy showers and paper plates.

Speak for yourself! No problem here.

We take a couple of 5 gal jugs with us every time we leave our boondocking site. Dump them into the fresh tank when we return. Stretches the fresh water almost indefinitely.
=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=
So many campsites, so little time...
~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~=~

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
Dealwiddit wrote:
OK , i don't have a winterizing suction hose on the outside.....I feel like an idiot, have had 4 travel trailers now and a fifth wheel.... so i think I'm back to the 69 dollar water pump.

The winterizing hoses are never on the outside, they are usually in a storage area. One can be added, just follow the diagram down to the strainer.

sam22
Explorer III
Explorer III
2oldman wrote:

Lol I love these people who have nothing useful or constructive to add to a conversation but still feel the need to share their opinion....which I guess I've just sort of done.
Camper:
2015 Evergreen Ascend 232BHS
Towed with:
2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee
2019 Ram 1500 Big Horn

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Dealwiddit wrote:
OK , i don't have a winterizing suction hose .... so i think I'm back to the 69 dollar water pump..
No problem doing that. It might take a bit of shopping to get the proper fittings to attach your input and output hoses.

I carry 78 gallons of water at a time. I do not conserve.

Dealwiddit
Explorer
Explorer
OK , i don't have a winterizing suction hose on the outside.....I feel like an idiot, have had 4 travel trailers now and a fifth wheel.... so i think I'm back to the 69 dollar water pump. My station has hot and cold valve for outside shower, hook up for that of course, black tank flush inlet, switch for city or onboard water with one inlet for that. Thanks for your patience here. Its not life or death for me but I just need a plan.

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
2oldman wrote:
Lynnmor wrote:
I made a minor modification to the winterizing hose, and now can draw water from a container and send it to the fresh water tank.
It's difficult for me to tell exactly what you did.

To make it work, all I did was remove the guts (check valve) from the city water connection. Then put a tee in the line behind the city water connection and connected the winterizing hose to the tee. Last, I installed an inline check valve after the tee. Valve 1 was the original valve on the winterizing hose. All the rest of the diagram is the plumbing as manufactured plus the other modifications I made. You only need to look at the city water inlet, the tee and the check valve if you have a winterizing hose already attached. The only parts I needed to purchase was the check valve, a tee and some hose clamps. Outside I made up a short garden hose and connect it to a rolling water tank, but you can use any vessel that you want.

bobndot
Explorer II
Explorer II
If you find the 2nd pump system to be easier for you to use.
Here are pics of the 7 gal Aqua jug and Atwood marine pump.

https://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/28987779/print/true.cfm

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
Lynnmor wrote:
I made a minor modification to the winterizing hose, and now can draw water from a container and send it to the fresh water tank.
It's difficult for me to tell exactly what you did.

Lynnmor
Explorer
Explorer
Your trailer already has a pump, why would anyone buy, wire, switch and deal with another one. I made a minor modification to the winterizing hose, and now can draw water from a container and send it to the fresh water tank.

red_neck_camper
Explorer
Explorer
Dealwiddit: Here's another way, if you have a convenience station with outside shower and water pump suction line.
- connect hose from outside shower valves to city water inlet
- turn inlet switch to fill water tank
- put suction line into your jerry can full of water
- turn winterizing valves to suck water from can
- turn on water pump, open cold water valve on outside shower to fill tank

Ken
2007 FORD F-350 4WD SC Longbed, 6.0L Powerstroke
2018 Rockwood 2706WS

mobeewan
Explorer
Explorer
This one might work.

12 volt pump

I have one similar but have the traditional water fill opening for the fresh water tank. It should still work for you

Dealwiddit
Explorer
Explorer
YES , i saw some 12 volt water pumps fro about 69 dollars. I think this is my best bet.
Thanks

sch911
Explorer
Explorer
Most parks will also have a potable water spigot sometimes near the dump station.

If you have to use jerry cans there are 12v pump systems available to extract the water from the cans and pump it in the tank.
OEM Auto Engineer- Embedded Software Team
09 Holiday Rambler Endeavor 41SKQ Cummins ISL
2012 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited Toad