cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What a bad start to camping

summitpower
Explorer
Explorer
So after tons of research and planning we were finally picking up our Heritage Glen 300BH this morning, only to receive a call from dealer 15mins before appointment to tell it they side swiped another unit bringing it in for final PDI last night, they ripped off the awning, scraped it all the way down the side. All they offered to do was to buff out scratches as much as possible and replace awning in week or so, and offered additional 500 off, I declined the offer out of fear of underlying issues, I guess we are just going to buy a Coachman now from another dealer....
26 REPLIES 26

Flyboy67
Explorer
Explorer
Wow....that sux. I am taking delivery of my new TT next Monday.....hoping I don't get that call!

dclark1946
Explorer
Explorer
Did you see the damaged trailer? Another customer may have wanted it bad enough that they sold it to them.
Dick & Karen
Richardson,TX
2017 KZ Spree 263RKS
09 F250 V10

boston_blacky
Explorer
Explorer
Run, summitpower, run!! It's a sign from the RV gods - for you to look and shop elsewhere. BB

p.s. Besides in might be a "real lemon" and whoever ends up with it will be so o o o o sorry.
BOSTON BLK

Community Alumni
Not applicable
If they treated you like that during the sales phase, just imagine how they would've treated when it comes to service.

Need-A-Vacation
Explorer
Explorer
Highly consider stepping up to the Equal-I-Zer 4 way system from the E2. Especially with a trailer that long. E2 is a good system, but the 4 way system is even better.
Bubba J- '13 Chevy Silverado 2500HD LT CCSB 4x4 6.0

'16 Jay Flight 32 BHDS ELITE 32 BHDS Mods Reese DC HP

WDH Set Up. How a WDH Works. CAT Scale How To.

Cdaddy
Explorer
Explorer
Crazy it happened to us a week ago at camping world in sweedsboro nj. They showed us how to use everything then they ran into a gulf cart. But they took good care of us we got another trailer for about 3000 more same price.

summitpower
Explorer
Explorer
They didn't have another one on lot, they had went to manufacturer to get that one, said it would take a month to get another one, summer is winding down, and we like the coachman just as well. They are installing a E2 hitch system.

Need-A-Vacation
Explorer
Explorer
Summit,

Sorry to hear that, that sux!!! Definitely not worth the little they offered, but I guess as mentioned at least they were honest about what happened.

What dealer is the Coachmen at? Have you decided which wdh system you are going to go with?

Hope all goes well!!!
Bubba J- '13 Chevy Silverado 2500HD LT CCSB 4x4 6.0

'16 Jay Flight 32 BHDS ELITE 32 BHDS Mods Reese DC HP

WDH Set Up. How a WDH Works. CAT Scale How To.

RollTideCamp
Explorer
Explorer
Walking away from that deal was probably a wise move. [emoticon]
X2

Could have been a lot worse. Imagine if it were you just pulling it out of the dealer's lot and side swiping another trailer? [emoticon]
-The shoe normally falls on the other foot, the moment you take possession it is not considered a "new" trailer, the same goes for when it was damaged 29500 is a lot of money for a trailer that is no longer in "new" shape.

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
summitpower wrote:
MSRP was 47918.00, cheapest one I could find was 35ish, keep in mind price was coach, tax, hitch, bike rack etc.

AH, ok. At least the dealer was honest! Did they not have another one on the lot?
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
summitpower wrote:
... we really like the dealer of the Coachman a lot better ...

Coachmen RV ... plural. 😉
2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380

icanon
Explorer
Explorer
My thoughts if anyone is interested? At least the dealer was honest about the damages, they could have try to stall the sale and try to camouflage the damage and let you drive away and I'm sure some dealers have done exactly that. Still I believe you did the right thing to walk away.
Loving wife and 2 beautiful daughters.
Chocolate Lab, Lily
2014 Dodge Ram Laramie Hemi 5.7 with 3.92
2014 Dutchmen Kodiak 290BHSL
ProPride 3P Hitch
Progressive Industries EMS-PT30C
Love my Weber Q1200
Me a Happy man on retirement!!!

summitpower
Explorer
Explorer
MSRP was 47918.00, cheapest one I could find was 35ish, keep in mind price was coach, tax, hitch, bike rack etc.

dodge_guy
Explorer II
Explorer II
$30k?!!! Sounds like you were going to pay MSRP or pretty close to it! Just about all RV's sell for 30% off MSRP!
Wife Kim
Son Brandon 17yrs
Daughter Marissa 16yrs
Dog Bailey

12 Forest River Georgetown 350TS Hellwig sway bars, BlueOx TrueCenter stabilizer

13 Ford Explorer Roadmaster Stowmaster 5000, VIP Tow>
A bad day camping is
better than a good day at work!