cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What battery do you use for your PUP?

GNO22
Explorer
Explorer
I scanned the threads on these forums and found some really good info regarding batteries. The problem is that most of the recommendations are for larger rigs. So I thought I would poll the PUP folks to see what you use/recommend for a battery?

My compartment is 11" x 7" x 8.5", not sure how that compares to others.

Also, I have an e-lift. Does it make a difference?

Thanks in advance for sharing your thoughts!
5 REPLIES 5

jackquontee
Explorer
Explorer
I use two Group 29 Interstate batteries, housed in this:

skipnchar
Explorer
Explorer
Usually battery size and type of based on what you NEED for your type of camping. Off grid often with no electric hook ups and staying extended times make make a big beefy battery necessary but camping in state parks or other places with electric hook ups and you really don't need much at all. Deep cycle in EITHER case if you will be running the battery DOWN to any degree at all because car batteries don't like that to happen very often.
Good luck / Skip
2011 F-150 HD Ecoboost 3.5 V6. 2550 payload, 17,100 GCVWR -
2004 F-150 HD (Traded after 80,000 towing miles)
2007 Rockwood 8314SS 34' travel trailer

US Govt survey shows three out of four people make up 75% of the total population

PAThwacker
Explorer
Explorer
I have a group 31 on my PuP. Just extend the battery over the frame rails. Box sizes vary, just go to wally world for the 24 to 31 size box.
2015 Keystone Springdale Summerland 257rl
Tow vehicle: 2003 GMC K1500 ext lb
Previous: 14 years of 3 popups and a hybrid tt

All_I_could_aff
Explorer
Explorer
Based only on your maximum dimentions, and that it's a PUP, I'd bet it's a group 24
1999 R-Vision Trail Light B17 hybrid
2006 Explorer Eddie Bauer
2002 Xterra rollin’ on 33’s
1993 Chevy Z24 Convertible
Lives in garage 71,000 miles

Trackrig
Explorer II
Explorer II
Interstate.

Go to any battery dealer and either their batteries or they should have a book to look up your vehicle in.

Bill
Nodwell RN110 out moose hunting. 4-53 Detroit, Clark 5 spd, 40" wide tracks, 10:00x20 tires, 16,000# capacity, 22,000# weight. You know the mud is getting deep when it's coming in the doors.