Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What do you love about your TT?

KTnSteve
Explorer
Explorer
Hi Everyone,

We just joined and are in the market for a small travel trailer, 16-21 feet. I was reading a lot of threads and someone mentioned that people do tend to post more about the negatives and not so much about what they love. So, I am curious, since we are trying to narrow down a model, which TT do you have and what do you love about it? I'm especially interested in that smaller size range.

Katie
66 REPLIES 66

ktmrfs
Explorer
Explorer
DutchmenSport wrote:
Completely functional and everything is accessible when all slides are in.

yup, that was at the top of our list when we went looking. And lots of trailers have very limited access with slides in.

Being able to get to fridge, bath, dinette, sink, microwave, food pantry, bathroom, bedroom, control panel at a rest stop w/o moving the slides= PRICELESS. Or pulling the slides in at night so we can leave after a quick breakfast in the morning= PRICELESS.

Add to that the big back window and great side windows so we can get a great view of the great outdoors drinking our morning cup of coffee, relaxing after dinner etc. We seldom use the TV and in this trailer TV drops down into the rear counter giving us a great rear view.

and with the opposing slides the large "living room" area.

Basically same trailer as Dutchmen sport, ours is minus the bedroom slide.

On the downside, this is IMHO really a "couples trailer" While it will easily sleep 5, it means setting up the airbed sofa and dinette sleeping area each night and taking it down in the AM.

Not ideal with little kids. In our case that setup is DD and SIL job when they are with us with the grandkids.
2011 Keystone Outback 295RE
2004 14' bikehauler with full living quarters
2015.5 Denali 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison
2004.5 Silverado 4x4 CC/SB Duramax/Allison passed on to our Son!

DocP
Explorer
Explorer
Dual opposing slides make for a really large living area
Large king-size bed
Large shower
2 air conditioners
50 amp service
50" LED television
Tows very well
Michael & Anne
Retired and loving it!
Macedonia, OH

BizmarksMom
Explorer
Explorer
Nash 22h
It's perfect for me and my dogs. Separate bed, sofa to hang out on in bad weather, big bathroom, lots of interior storage. A chassis that holds up just fine on the dirt roads I take to boondock spots. Roomy enough inside for people to come in and play cards. No slide to malfunction when camped out in a dry lake bed.
2019 F350 towing a Nash 22H

Big_Love
Explorer
Explorer
Tending to my TT is one of my hobbies. Lots of upgrades, mods and repairs over the years. I have gotten to know every inch of it and can do most repairs or maintenance myself.

Also serves as a transportable backup living space - CA earthquakes, wildfires, and floods are always a threat in my area.

djsamuel
Nomad
Nomad
theoldwizard1 wrote:
djsamuel wrote:
Aluminum Roof
Aluminum floor
Aluminum Frame
two axles,
Latches on all cabinet drawers.
Floorplan

Older Camplite. They don't build them that way any more.

As a matter of fact, I don't think there are any TT with aluminum roof, floor and frame. 😞

Yes, they don't build the Camplites at all now. 😞

2013 Camplite 21BHS Trailer, Ram 1500 Tow Vehicle

KTnSteve
Explorer
Explorer
Wow, I've really enjoyed reading all the responses. I've looked up floorpans and such if you mentioned your trailer. Thank you very much for all the thoughts, suggestions, information and just sharing.

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
Currently without a RV but my #1 priority would be a Murphy bed, especially in a unit that is less than 24'. Yes, you give up storage space, but a mart manufacturer can find other place for storage.

If you get above 20 something feet, a slide out give you a ton more interior space.

Other high priority items are barreled/vaulted roof, aluminum or fiberglass roof covering. I prefer fiberglass exterior walls with aluminum framing and solid insultation.

theoldwizard1
Explorer
Explorer
djsamuel wrote:
Aluminum Roof
Aluminum floor
Aluminum Frame
two axles,
Floorplan

Older Camplite. They don't build them that way any more.

As a matter of fact, I don't think there are any TT with aluminum roof, floor and frame. 😞

SusanDallas
Explorer
Explorer
I purchased a KZ Sportsmen Classic 180bh a year and a half ago. I love everything about it. I love that I have had no leaks, no problems with anything in the travel trailer. Everything has worked perfectly. I love the closet where I can hang up my clothes and more storage than I need. I love the small tub in the shower. I love the regular queen size mattress on the bed instead of a little foam thing. The only thing I don't like is that the microwave ovens in travel trailers are up high. I am only 5'4" and I have to stand on a step stool to see what I am cooking.

rbpru
Explorer
Explorer
We wanted a bed you could exit without crawling over you spouse, a large bathroom, a pantry, a linen closet, a slide that did not have to be out to use the TT, short enough to wind though city street to find shops and other attractions, a cost we could afford.

We wrote it down, rented a similar unit to see if we were right, found a three year old 25 ft. Dutchmen TT at the right price.

What we also learned is it is nice to sleep in your own bed on your own schedule and not have to eat out every night.
Twenty six foot 2010 Dutchmen Lite pulled with a 2011 EcoBoost F-150 4x4.

Just right for Grandpa, Grandma and the dog.

Vintage465
Explorer III
Explorer III
No slides, short enough to make maneuvering easy, walk around queen bed, 60 gallons of fresh water. Big window at the dinette.
V-465
2013 GMC 2500HD Duramax Denali. 2015 CreekSide 20fq w/450 watts solar and 465 amp/hour of batteries. Retired and living the dream!

profdant139
Explorer II
Explorer II
What do I like best? One key fact: it is so small (12 foot box!) and yet fully functional (shower, toilet, fridge, freezer, stove, queen bed). Since it is so small, it fits on the driveway, and it fits into tight spaces in the national forests, so we can boondock in amazing locations. So small that it is easy to tow, and easy to maneuver in gas stations and parking lots.

But make sure that your spouse is really small and that you both get along together really well in tight quarters!
2012 Fun Finder X-139 "Boondock Style" (axle-flipped and extra insulation)
2013 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road (semi-beefy tires and components)
Our trips -- pix and text
About our trailer
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single list."

Oldcow
Explorer
Explorer
full size outside kitchen
walk around bed, very large bedroom
very large bathroom
tons of storage

Oldcow
outback 300rb
2013 Outback 300RB TT
2010 Tundra

_1nobby
Explorer
Explorer
22 foot, dual axle, well finished, ice cold fridge...which, by the way, is my summer beer fridge in the driveway.

And I bought it used and paid cash for it.

djsamuel
Nomad
Nomad
Aluminum Roof
Aluminum floor
Aluminum Frame
two axles,
Floorplan

2013 Camplite 21BHS Trailer, Ram 1500 Tow Vehicle