cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What hitch fits 13 Ram fifth wheel prep option?

scrappy123
Explorer
Explorer
Can anyone confirm what hitch will fit the new 13 Ram fifth wheel hitch prep option, or at least what the puck spacing will be ? Called Curt and B&W and no one I talked to seems to know for sure ?
18 REPLIES 18

Jim_Cindy
Explorer
Explorer
Measure between the two rail centers. If it is 22" on center, it is considered standard and most but not all hitches will fit. Find a hitch you like and ask what the rail center distance is. In addition, I am willing to bet the hitch manufactures know if their hitch will fit on that Ram option.
PBH Portable Beach House

2008 GMC 2500HD Duramax Allison :C
2009 Cameo 34CK3
MorRyde IS, Disc Brakes, G614's
PullRite Super Glide Hitch
Propane fueled Yamaha EF 2400is

YnotTurbo
Explorer
Explorer
There is an adapter kit you order from Mopar. This is the information I used to order my kit. My dealer sent me some information about it. I have an estimated delivery of the hitch kit 25 April. Of course, I am still waiting for my Truck....since mid January...

Hitches will require an above bed fifth wheel installation kit (Part #: 82213667). It consists of a bracket to adapt from common fifth wheel hitches to production mounting points on the truck and includes the captured quarter turn tie-downs that mate to the under bed mounting brackets. It is a rectangular tube steel frame with multiple mounting points for commonly available fifth wheel hitches with 22โ€ rail spacing. The purpose is to allow the customer to adapt a fifth wheel hitch that they already own to the factory installed fifth wheel / gooseneck prep kit.
Navy Chief (Ret.) Still working. 2019 Ford F350 Lariat, 4:10 Geared and 935 lbs. of Grunt..., 2011 Mobile Suites Lexington

scrappy123
Explorer
Explorer
Al B wrote:
Ask Dodge?

Did that, can't seem to get thru to the right person that would know!

Al__B
Explorer
Explorer
Ask Dodge?
Cummins Powered