cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What is this tube??

Jthampton17
Explorer
Explorer
I am trying to figure out what this tube is for. It is a 3" tube, is capped on one end (in the trailer) and has a small door on the outside, as far as i can tell this is useless and is taking up valuable storage space.

Trailer is a '97 Aerolite 16rk, let me know what you think, thank you very much.

21 REPLIES 21

Jthampton17
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you to all who replied. I think I will remove it. I don't think i want a stinky hose in the actual camper, right under where we sleep, ill find a more suitable location and use the space for something else! Thanks again everyone

mich800
Explorer
Explorer
DanLE46 wrote:
My question is: Where does this access end up inside your trailer? Is it some what conveniently reachable from inside your rig?

I've been considering installing a similar road side exterior access tube across from my curb side bath room so I could run a garden hose into the trailer and use a toilet wand to rinse the holding tank when I'm at a dump station. For now I have to remove a bed room screen or go all the way under and bring a hose in through one of the doorways. A tube like this is just what I'm intending to do eventually but I don't think I'd go any larger than 2" to 2 1/2" I.D. just large enough so I could run a garden hose through it with a shut-off attached so the water could be left "on" with the shut-off on "off" until I attached the wand once the hose is in the bathroom.

Mine is in the front pass through storage.

Campfire_Time
Explorer
Explorer
Our old Jayco Kiwi had one. I really hated it. The bumper slinky storage is much better.
Chuck D.
โ€œAdventure is just bad planning.โ€ - Roald Amundsen
2013 Jayco X20E Hybrid
2016 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab Z71 LTZ2
2008 GMC Sierra SLE1 Crew Cab Z71 (traded)

DanLE46
Explorer
Explorer
My question is: Where does this access end up inside your trailer? Is it some what conveniently reachable from inside your rig?

I've been considering installing a similar road side exterior access tube across from my curb side bath room so I could run a garden hose into the trailer and use a toilet wand to rinse the holding tank when I'm at a dump station. For now I have to remove a bed room screen or go all the way under and bring a hose in through one of the doorways. A tube like this is just what I'm intending to do eventually but I don't think I'd go any larger than 2" to 2 1/2" I.D. just large enough so I could run a garden hose through it with a shut-off attached so the water could be left "on" with the shut-off on "off" until I attached the wand once the hose is in the bathroom.

whiteeye42
Explorer
Explorer
well lets see you could turn it into a fishing pole holder ,slid walking sticks,fire poker sticks into it or you could just take it out but then you would have a hole in the side of your trailer
Me,Wife two boys and two dogs
2008 Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4x4 DRW 6.7 cummins
2008 Jayco Eagle 341 RLQS 37' with B&W turnover ball & companion hitch
using rotochoks
add state map

Ex-Tech
Explorer
Explorer
NanciL wrote:
It looks like the fresh water fill that has never been hooked up ???

Jack L

:R

bid_time
Nomad II
Nomad II
wmoses wrote:
NHIrish wrote:
It DOES if you use the red ones, and you won't get drippy water if you compress the hose, like a slinky, when doing the final drain...

They don't all have the same diameter. The sewer hose that came with my previous RV was a slightly smaller diameter than ANY hose that I have ever seen in any RV store, and it had no ends and so it fit. If it had ends they would have to be forced into the sleeve and then they would be hard to take out.
Mine is a regular diameter hose, has ends on it, and fits just fine. Spade/bayonnet/whatever you call it connection on one end, regular coupler on the other.

wmoses
Explorer
Explorer
NHIrish wrote:
It DOES if you use the red ones, and you won't get drippy water if you compress the hose, like a slinky, when doing the final drain...

They don't all have the same diameter. The sewer hose that came with my previous RV was a slightly smaller diameter than ANY hose that I have ever seen in any RV store, and it had no ends and so it fit. If it had ends they would have to be forced into the sleeve and then they would be hard to take out.
Regards,
Wayne
2014 Flagstaff Super Lite 27RLWS Emerald Ed. | Equal-i-zer 1200/12,000 4-point WDH
2010 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 5.3L 6-speed auto | K&N Filter | Hypertech Max Energy tune | Prodigy P3
_

NHIrish
Explorer
Explorer
beemerphile1 wrote:
Bucky Badger wrote:
How does a sewer hose fit with ends on it?

It doesn't. I carry a hose in there that only has one fitting. With two fittings it can't go in there.

2016 Heartland Bighorn 3270RS

2010 Carriage Cameo 32-FwS
2008 Carriage Cameo
2006 Keystone Cougar
2005 Keystone Zeppelin
1999 Coachmen Catalina

2017 Ford F350 Powerstroke
Curt Q25

Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock
:W

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
I'm always throwing a tarp over the whole trailer especially when camping at ELKMONT in the Smokey Mtns Park. This would a good spot for the extra TENT POLES from WALMART that I use to tie off the front part of the tarp lined up with the awning.

I also carry an easy up telescopic aluminum pole for my ham radio too... That also might fit in there haha...

Having a nice closed off tube like that I would find something to store in it...

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

Caveman_Charlie
Explorer
Explorer
My sewer hose only has one end. It's all you need when you only dump at dump stations and never hook up anywhere full time. But, I think I would rather put the wet hose in the bumper. I agree that I would not like the water dripping down the side of the TT .
1993 Cobra Sunrise, 20 foot Travel Trailer.

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
Bucky Badger wrote:

It doesn't. I carry a hose in there that only has one fitting. With two fittings it can't go in there.
Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900

wmoses
Explorer
Explorer
Bucky Badger wrote:

It doesn't. That's why it was never used when I had my Jayco Hybrid. It came with one of these which barely allowed the factory-supplied sewer hose to fit but the larger diameter ends would not so I installed a proper sewer hose holder on my rear bumper. I then kept one of those coiled up garden hoses (25') complete with spray head in it. Worked perfectly for that.
Regards,
Wayne
2014 Flagstaff Super Lite 27RLWS Emerald Ed. | Equal-i-zer 1200/12,000 4-point WDH
2010 GMC Sierra 1500 SLE 5.3L 6-speed auto | K&N Filter | Hypertech Max Energy tune | Prodigy P3
_

Bucky_Badger
Explorer
Explorer
2010 F150 5.4, 3.55, 4x4, Equli-z-er Hitch
2007 Forest River Salem 27RB LE
and
2009 Nomad 3980