cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What's in a name?

AnnMarie
Explorer
Explorer
As a new owner, I've been researching and reading everything I can get my hands on (found that reading an owner's manual may cure my insomnia better than anything else).

One of the things I've noticed is that many people have named their trailer. I always thought it would be awesome to name my home, like you see in the UK. I've just never not come up with a name that fits. Perhaps I'll have better luck with my RV.

So, does your RV have a name? If so, what's the name and the story behind it.
70 REPLIES 70

bigarm
Explorer
Explorer
Well, we are fairly weird. When we built our house and moved to Montana 10 years ago, our kids asked what we called our property. We said "Cole's Hole" as kind of a joke. The kids had a stone engraved with "Welcome to Cole's Hole" so it stuck. We then a pit dug for underlayment for the driveway and decided to make it into a shooting pit which became "Cole's Other Hole". My shop became "Cole's Wood Hole" and when we put up a building to house the wood lathe, it became "Cole's Chuck Hole". So when we bought our toy hauler it became "Cole's Road Hole" and the new truck became "Cole's Tow Hole".

darsben1
Explorer
Explorer
Not a trailer but the motor home is Blue Rose 2
We call the fiver we own 432
Traveling with my best friend, my wife in a 1990 Southwind

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
My name is Bob. My wife's name is Lin. We named our Airstream the "BobLin Along."
Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

AnnMarie
Explorer
Explorer
LOL! Growing up, my best friend's name was dog, spelled out D-O-G. My grandkids call my car, the kitty cat car (Jaguar). My pets have always had names, including many of my fish including the seahorses (though I stopped when one gave birth to about 130).

I think it's cute that people have named their RVs.

js6343js6343
Explorer
Explorer
K Charles wrote:
I had a cow named miheffa, long story, a cat named cat and a dog named puppy. The F150 is the pickup, we call her car her car and mine my car. The camper, and we've had several kinds, has always been the camper.

Growing up we had lots of cats. Every one was named cat.
2011 Keystone Sprinter 311BHS
2004 Suburban 2500 8.1L 4.10
Reese dual cam WDH
Tekonsha Prodigy 2

campinginthewoo
Explorer
Explorer
Well some people do have names for their vehicles and some are named by you and sometimes by others. Examples my parents had a old blue station wagon named the blue goose and it replaced a old green wagon named green nelly lol. My current tow vehicle is named TANK and my friends named it mainly because I drive 2004 F250 crewcab pickup truck and they all drive small cars lol. I'm still thinking what to name my trailer and it will eventually come to me. Don't worry about the other posters that say no they don't there are many who do. Best of luck coming up with a name that means something to you.
"Our family is a circle of love and strength.
With every birth and every union, the circle grows. Every joy shared adds more love.
Every crisis faced together makes the circle stronger. "

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
I had a cow named miheffa, long story, a cat named cat and a dog named puppy. The F150 is the pickup, we call her car her car and mine my car. The camper, and we've had several kinds, has always been the camper.

Boon_Docker
Explorer III
Explorer III
drsteve wrote:
Why bother? It's not going to come when you call it.

Yours doesn't come when you call it, guess you didn't train it very well. :B

js6343js6343
Explorer
Explorer
I have called my trailer lots of names. Though none that can be repeated here.
2011 Keystone Sprinter 311BHS
2004 Suburban 2500 8.1L 4.10
Reese dual cam WDH
Tekonsha Prodigy 2

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
Name my trailer? Hahahahahahaha

NO
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE

drsteve
Explorer
Explorer
Why bother? It's not going to come when you call it.
2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP