cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

what sealer/calk?

mowin
Explorer
Explorer
I purchased a manual awning from a fellow camper who had it taken off to put up a 3 season room. The bottom brackets had some kind of calk on the back of them. I think dicor is self leveling, so I'm not sure if thats the correct stuff to use? I have a dealer comming to instal the awning on Wednesday, and Im not going to trust them to bring the stuff, so I want to have it on hand. Good to have it around anyway.
9 REPLIES 9

hddecker
Explorer
Explorer
Old-Biscuit wrote:
oughtsix wrote:
When I bought Dicor no sag from the local RV dealer the parts guy told me I should just buy silicon because that is what they use on all of their repairs. Guess where I am not going to take my trailer when it needs a repair?!?!?!

Smart man!!!

That 'parts guy' is an idiot. Seems like lots of RV places hire them.

X2

Silicone is the absolute worst thing that you could use one the exterior of a trailer. I actually hate that stuff with a passion. I won't even use it in my house.

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
oughtsix wrote:
When I bought Dicor no sag from the local RV dealer the parts guy told me I should just buy silicon because that is what they use on all of their repairs. Guess where I am not going to take my trailer when it needs a repair?!?!?!

Smart man!!!

That 'parts guy' is an idiot. Seems like lots of RV places hire them.
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

oughtsix
Explorer
Explorer
2006 Duramax Crew Cab Long Bed pickup.
2007 Coachman Captiva 265EX trailer.

Tequila
Explorer
Explorer
Geocel Proflex or Tremco proglaze (a bit less messy)

mowin
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks. Much appreciated....

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Dicor Self-leveling for ROOF

Dicro non-sag or Geocel Proflex for vertical/horizontal surfaces
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

MNRon
Explorer
Explorer
Sorry, autocorrect issue. *dicor* makes a no-sag caulk along with the self leveling type too
Ron & Pat
2022 F350 Lariat CCSB SRW Diesel
2019 VanLeigh Vilano 320 GK

MNRon
Explorer
Explorer
Do or makes a no-sag caulk for vertical sides too
Ron & Pat
2022 F350 Lariat CCSB SRW Diesel
2019 VanLeigh Vilano 320 GK

robsouth
Explorer
Explorer
Butyl tape.
"Sometimes I just sit and think. Sometimes I just sit." "Great minds like a think."