cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What Wheel Chock Do you prefer. X Chock?

iplumb
Explorer
Explorer
Does every body use the X Chock? Even when using the Andersen leveler?
15 REPLIES 15

dewey02
Explorer
Explorer
Dakota98 wrote:
Alternative.

4 x 4 pressure treated, a length of 3/4" galvanized pipe & an inexpensive 3/4" pipe clamp from HF

I made some exactly like that, and posted it about a year ago. I had to look real closely to realize that those weren't My trailer wheels! The pipe clamps work great when snugging up the 4x4's. Nice work, Dakota.

ejonny
Explorer
Explorer
I've always used the cheap plastic wedge-shaped wheel stops on the uphill side and one of these on the downhill side:
(Dang, can't seem to post this as a pic so that it automatically shows up ... anyhow, it's just a pic of two plastic wedges with a bolt that passes through them and allows them to be tightened down between the tandom wheels)
https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B2RwEFye1aLVMlU4Y0tlb1o2dzg/view?usp=sharing
2005 Rockwood Roo 21'
Toyota Tundra 05 Double Cab

ejonny
Explorer
Explorer
I've always used the cheap plastic wedge-shaped wheel stops on the uphill side and one of these on the downhill side.
2005 Rockwood Roo 21'
Toyota Tundra 05 Double Cab

TheGreatWaz00
Explorer
Explorer
X-chock!
Waz's from Maryland
Rockwood Roo 23ss
2014 Ram 1500 Laramie

luckyscroller78
Explorer
Explorer
I use the x chocks, and have mixed thoughts on them. Yes they do help in stabilizing the trailer, but I am not sure exactly how tight to crank them. I can see the wheels getting pushed apart as I tighten them, and I am always afraid I am doing some kind of damage by tightening them. I really like the ones Dakota98 has there, they look very nice.

luckyscroller78
Explorer
Explorer
I use the x chocks, and have mixed thoughts on them. Yes they do help in stabilizing the trailer, but I am not sure exactly how tight to crank them. I can see the wheels getting pushed apart as I tighten them, and I am always afraid I am doing some kind of damage by tightening them. I really like the ones Dakota98 has there, they look very nice.

galexander
Explorer
Explorer
Been using the orange colored plastic chocks and levelers for over 20 years.
Cheap and work just fine.
2017 Chevy Colorado ZR1 3.6L 4X4 Crew Cab
2021 Coachmen Apex Nano 191 RBS Off Grid
Tekonsha Brake Controller

RWjSIM2003
Explorer
Explorer
X chocks they work wonderfully. Cheaper if ordered from Amazon.

Nutinelse2do
Explorer
Explorer
Roto chocks, and Andersen Levelers if needed.
Living Our Dream
MTHRSHP - 2006 KSDP 3912
Cummins 350ISL...Spartan Chassis
ESC POD - 2019 Ford Ranger XLT FX4
Zippy Scoot- 2018 Honda PCX 150 on an Overbilt Lift
Shredder at the Rainbow Bridge - You Will Always Be With Us

iplumb
Explorer
Explorer
Dakota98 That's a great idea!

Dakota98
Explorer
Explorer
Alternative.

4 x 4 pressure treated, a length of 3/4" galvanized pipe & an inexpensive 3/4" pipe clamp from HF

I'm an expert in only one field....I believe it's somewhere in Kansas.

2000 / 22' SKYLINE NOMAD LITE
1998 DODGE DAKOTA / 5.2L= 8mpg.
2006 POLARIS ATV
1500/1200 Watt Champion generator
Yada Wireless Back Up Camera
1998 Dyna Wide Glide
USMC 68-74

jffnkrn
Explorer
Explorer
I use the simple few dollar plastic yellow ones, then if I loose one or crush one, no big deal and they are light weight.

haste_maker
Explorer II
Explorer II
iplumb wrote:
Does every body use the X Chock? Even when using the Andersen leveler?

Yes I use both.
Retried Teamster
2007 Allergo

bikendan
Explorer
Explorer
I preferred to make my own for about $12, out of 4x4 pressure treated wood and threaded stock.
Dan- Firefighter, Retired:C, Shawn- Musician/Entrepreneur:W, Zoe- Faithful Golden Retriever(RIP:(), 2014 Ford F150 3.5 EcoboostMax Tow pkg, 2016 PrimeTime TracerAIR 255 w/4pt Equalizer and 5 Mtn. bikes and 2 Road bikes