cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Wheel well width

kaytee
Explorer
Explorer
I'm new here and would appreciate your help. Will a Palomino 800 with wheel well width of 44" fit my F-250? Thanks
5 REPLIES 5

mkirsch
Nomad II
Nomad II
Score another one for not answering the exact question exactly as asked!

Putting 10-ply tires on half ton trucks since aught-four.

kaytee
Explorer
Explorer
mkirsch wrote:
Is your concern about the camper being too narrow? That's not an issue. If you secure the camper properly with tiedowns and use a rubber mat it will not slide side to side.

You may need to build a raised platform for the camper to clear the cab of your F250, though. Then you can install cleats on the platform to keep the camper from moving around.

Yes this was my concern. Thank you and everyone who responded so quickly.

mkirsch
Nomad II
Nomad II
Is your concern about the camper being too narrow? That's not an issue. If you secure the camper properly with tiedowns and use a rubber mat it will not slide side to side.

You may need to build a raised platform for the camper to clear the cab of your F250, though. Then you can install cleats on the platform to keep the camper from moving around.

Putting 10-ply tires on half ton trucks since aught-four.

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
kaytee wrote:
I'm new here and would appreciate your help. Will a Palomino 800 with wheel well width of 44" fit my F-250? Thanks

Yes.
Any full size truck will have more than 48" between the wheel wells.

Go out and measure your F250 - I bet it's close to 50".
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator

Super_Dave
Explorer
Explorer
Almost all trucks will fit a sheet of plywood between the wheel wells, 48". At 44", you will have a lot of room for error in loading.
Truck: 2006 Dodge 3500 Dually
Rig: 2018 Big Country 3155 RLK
Boat: 21' North River Seahawk