cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Where to buy RV accessories.

sbodi4d
Explorer
Explorer
Is Camping World the only game in town, or are there other outlets for the stuff we need?
Where do you go to get your RV on!
2007 Silverado 1500 5.3L/3.42 gear ratio.
2013 Honda CRV
16 REPLIES 16

RoyB
Explorer II
Explorer II
Most of my needed parts for mods are electrical - I use LOWES-AMAZON-ETRAILER-WALMART... Household items come from LOWES and WALMART... LOWES has turned out to be my main source for electrical wiring items. I order my 4awg ANCOR BRAND battery cables and ring terminals from an on-line EBAY STORE an build-up my own battery cables and DC wiring...

Specialty items I have a close-by RF Dealer with a great supply of RV stocked items.

I also picked up one of the RV PARTS Catalogs from the dealer when I got my RV and it has almost everything you can think of in it down to the smallest items. I use it mostly for getting part numbers etc... Then I go to AMAZON to order it. Two day free shipping hard to beat and it shows up at your door.

Roy Ken
My Posts are IMHO based on my experiences - Words in CAPS does not mean I am shouting
Roy - Carolyn
RETIRED DOAF/DON/DOD/CONTR RADIO TECH (42yrs)
K9PHT (Since 1957) 146.52M
2010 F150, 5.4,3:73 Gears,SCab
2008 Starcraft 14RT EU2000i GEN
2005 Flagstaff 8528RESS

loulou57
Explorer
Explorer
We usually don't suggest people do not visit a place or display negative comments about places but this I have to.

There is a very large RV parts and accessories shop in southern Ontaro, In the country, close to Orangeville. It is very well known and they frequent some of the shows around.

They are by their web site one of the largest and busiest. We made a special trip with a list and lots of cash in our pockets. We were going to shop!!!!

When we got there we noticed quite a few older looking buildings and a large assortment of old RV's, nothing new. We also saw about 6 cats outside. I had acold shiver go through me and my hubby said I went white.

As we went into the office I was knocked over by the smell of cat and litter boxes. First I gave them the benefit of the doubt thinking it was first thing in the morning and the box needed empty. As we asked a few questions I started to have issues breathing and my eyes were burning.

We asked to direct us to the showroom quickly. At first we saw a few more cats, then more and we stopped counting at around 20. As we walked around the showroom there was cat urine all over product and floors. Dried feces among items. It was. Terrible. As we walked out a man came to a counter where they had complimentary coffee. 2 cats jumped up and he proceeded to give them milk on the counter. There were paper cups and sugar open to the "elements".

Needless to say we bought nothing. We vow never to go in their booth at shows as the items have been exposed to the cats. I sent them an email with my concerns but never heard a word back.

I do not have to name the place. It is easy to find. I do not recommend anyone going there unless you need to see for yourself.

We like to travel to Michigan often as well as Indiana just for a drive and look for RV spots. We would really appreciate it if you are aware of places we should stay away from we would appreciate a private message. As I say, it is nothing for us to drive 10 or 15 hrs just for the drive to see something different. However it is nice to have a bit of on hand knowledge of a place.

Sorry to hijack the post but I feel people should be aware of this place.

Shadow_Catcher
Explorer
Explorer
I have bought one thing from Camping World, many things from ebay, solar panels, LED lights... But I imported the shower point and gas point from Bullfinch in the UK because I did not like what was available in the US. I imported the ABS solar mounts from the factory in China because they were not yet being imported (they are now). The lights in the trailer came from James Town distributors (marine) because I did not like the cheap RV type lights and the marine lights not only look better but work better. After studying how easy it was to steal the trailer I switched to a Bulldog hitch and found perhaps the two most secure locks available.
There are two wholesalers that most RV dealers use.

Gonzo42
Explorer
Explorer
eBay is also a good source if you are looking for a specific item.
MOTHER SHIP Winnebago View 24H (2007 Dodge Sprinter 3500 Chassis, 2008 Body)3.0 L M-B Diesel V6 bought used with 24K miles. Toad: ROCKY the Flying Squirrel.

2hams
Explorer
Explorer
For camping stuff like lantern, tablecloth, etc try sporting goods stores or Walmart or Target. Also look at places like Walmart and Target for dishes. Dollar Tree has lots of stuff too, I got lots of plastic bins and my colander there. Many of those things we used in our PUP are still in use in our fiver.
2019 Grand Design Solitude 310GK
2019 GMC Denali 3500 D/A SRW

LynnandCarol
Explorer
Explorer
As you use your RV and get to know it you will come to know what needs to be RV and what just needs to fit your needs. We buy all over.

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
Walmarts carry a small selection of "essentials".
Most RV dealers have at least some of the stuff you may need, and many larger RV dealers have well stocked RV supplies/parts stores.
And you can find anything you need and many others things you think you need, but probably don't, with a quick internet search. If you do the internet, shop several sites as prices can vary significantly. There are a lot of RV supply/parts sites and some charge tax and/or shipping while others will not.

DutchmenSport
Explorer
Explorer
For additional supplies and specialized items for camping, don't forget Gander Mountain, Dicks Sporting Goods, Cabalas. Then there's alwasy Wall Mart, your local RV dealer. Never pass by a good yard sale / garage sale or household estate auctions. Some of our best "finds" were yard sales and estate auctions.

Items specific to your RV, like switches, camper parts, etc, you never go wrong with your local RV dealership, although they might not be the lowest price going.

Also, do searches on the Internet for a on-line stores.

fla-gypsy
Explorer
Explorer
My local dealers all sell accessories and parts. There is also Wally's Chinese Mart and for some things the Dollar store is helpful.
This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)

Gonzo42
Explorer
Explorer
All the WalMarts in my area have a permanent small RV supply section. Small is the operative word. They carry stuff like 50A extensions and adapters, sewer hoses and attachments, awning accessories, etc. Shelf space is about 15 feet long. Prices quite low, though.
MOTHER SHIP Winnebago View 24H (2007 Dodge Sprinter 3500 Chassis, 2008 Body)3.0 L M-B Diesel V6 bought used with 24K miles. Toad: ROCKY the Flying Squirrel.

enblethen
Nomad
Nomad
AdventureRV.net
RVtoyoutlet.com
RVtoystore.com

Bud
USAF Retired
Pace Arrow

2003 Chev Ice Road Tracker

bob_nestor
Explorer III
Explorer III
These parts catalogs are available for free from almost any vendor who sells RV supplies and parts. I've picked them up at RV shows and discovered that they are all virtually identical except for the front cover.

What works best for me is doing a Google search for a specific thing I'm looking for. Some of the RV parts that I needed weren't in the catalog or available from places like Camping World. Other times I've found the RV part was much more expensive than the equivalent part used in non-RV applications. Macerator pumps and parts are an excellent example. The marine supply stores sell exactly the same models and parts, but at a much lower price.
Jay Pat wrote:

Or you can order your own catalog (about 1" thick) fromRVupgrades
Pat

Jay_Pat
Explorer
Explorer
You should be able to order anything available on the market from your local dealer.
Ask to look at their "counter" parts catalog. It's probably several inches thick.
Or you can order your own catalog (about 1" thick) fromRVupgrades
Mail order and delivered to your door.
Or, catalog part numbers should be good numbers with your local dealer.
Pat
2010 Ford F-350 SRW
2021 Grand Design Reflection 315

memgrove
Explorer
Explorer
We shop Camping world on line for things. Then ultimately buy from Amazon.com for price.
Mike
2006 Chevy 2500 4X4 crew cab Gasser
2013 Dutchmen Denali 311 BHS (Love the trailer HATE the manufacture!)