cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Which TTs should I be looking for

Zebedee
Explorer
Explorer
These forums have been very helpful. So far, with everyone's help, I've been able to narrow down my search significantly.

So now my focus is on a small travel trailer. Here are some requirements:
-Lightweight
-Small enough to be stored in a standard garage
-Hard sides (for parks that require it)
-Toilet/shower (wet bath okay)
-Quality construction ( don't we all want quality?)

So next week I'm going to a huge RV lot. So far on my list, I have the Airstreams, Camplite, and Aliners.

What else might I like to look at?
20 REPLIES 20

B_O__Plenty
Explorer II
Explorer II
Take a look at Casita. Very popular, excellent resale value. They might fit in a garage if the door is high enough.

B.O.
Former Ram/Cummins owner
2015 Silverado 3500 D/A DRW
Yup I'm a fanboy!
2016 Cedar Creek 36CKTS

alcaracu
Explorer
Explorer
our 2004 17 ft hilo fits in our garage and is big enough for the 2 of us and our 2 corgis. made like a tank and tows beautifuly. we've been all over in it for the last 8 years without a problem. they are no longer in production but many around for resale.

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
Only a folding trailer like the Aliner will fit in a standard height garage. Typically the door is only 7 feet tall. Any travel trailer that you can stand in will be upwards of 8 feet tall.
Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900

TrailerTravele1
Explorer
Explorer
BB_TX wrote:
And measure the depth of the garage while you are at it.

And make sure you measure the trailer from the tip of the hitch to the tip of the bumper - measure it yourself, don't rely on any other data. Ask us how we know. ๐Ÿ™‚ Not on our Lance 1685, since it was too tall for our garage anyway, but from a boat trailer ...
Cheers! Jan & David

Just returned from our First "Snowbird" Winter ... 25,000 miles, 26 states, 23 National Parks ... and counting....

TrailerTraveler.net

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
I agree with above. Unless you have an extra tall garage door a standard TT will be too high. Measure the door before you go looking. And measure the depth of the garage while you are at it.

Campfire_Time
Explorer
Explorer
Welcome!

Airstream and Camplite are full hieght trailers. They won't fit in a standard garage.

Look at Jayco's Jay Series Hardwall trailers and Trail Manor. Both collapsible and easily stored in a garage.

Have fun looking!
Chuck D.
โ€œAdventure is just bad planning.โ€ - Roald Amundsen
2013 Jayco X20E Hybrid
2016 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab Z71 LTZ2
2008 GMC Sierra SLE1 Crew Cab Z71 (traded)