cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Wildwood Heritage Glen 299RE (update 9/2016)

dee_harrison
Explorer
Explorer
I have a new 299re 2015 trailer. Had to trade my Jayco Jayflight 29qbh in because of electrical damage. (long story) So the only thing I can compare to is between these 2 trailer.
We found the bunkhouse was not being used like we planned so that we opted for a newer floor plan with more space.
The quality of the wildwood is subpar in my opinion. Bath door was misaligned. Had problem right away with the converter, a wire was loose and camping world sent a tech guy to house to repair right away.
Panel on side of fridge is coming loose. I had to glue and re-staple. The staples they used were way too short. I have had three other panels coming loose that are used for trim on the edges of the slides.
After having 3 camping trips I now have to take it back to dealer. there is a hot water leak under the bathroom faucet...drip,drip,drip.
the heat duct in the front is not connected to furnace. The TV antenna does not rotate or extend (fixed position) and is apiece of ****. The water heater is gas only, so I have to burn my gas instead of using the park elec to heat my water.
I wish i would have had more time to research. The Jayco quality is much much better.
Dee H.
9 REPLIES 9

pyoung47
Explorer
Explorer
I just can't understand RV shops. Can you imagine your daily driver tied up for two weeks. Two months -- crazy.

NanciL
Explorer II
Explorer II
For what it is worth: I think you should blame Camping World rather then Forest river.

I have spoken to two Forest River Owners in the past week, and neither one of them has had a problem.
My understanding is that many of them come through to the dealers with various problems and their service departments are expected to go over them with a fine tooth comb and make sure every thing is perfect before they go out the door, and then Forest River reimburses them for any parts and labor.
Evidently Camping world does not do this.
Last Spring we were at the local dealers and they took us through one that they were going over, and we were amazed at what they were doing. They had three quarters of the inside paneling off and were reinstalling it. When we asked them what they were doing; there answer was, they didn't like the shoddy work that came from the factory, and they were making a few other corrections.

Jack L
Jack & Nanci

dee_harrison
Explorer
Explorer
Well I picked up the camper today! October 12. They wont see me again!

dee_harrison
Explorer
Explorer
visited them this morning. All parts are in? Now they need to get somebody to put them on. Tuesday maybe? Just Pathetic. It has been two months, might get it back in time to winterize

dee_harrison
Explorer
Explorer
I have three friends that bought campers since my was being worked on. I steered them clear of camping world and their horrible service. One of them had even already sign papers at camping world indy. They called the next day and cancelled the order! Next spring I think I will spend some time outside their booth at the sport show!

dee_harrison
Explorer
Explorer
October 6 and still no camper. Somebody told me they just ordered the awning motor on sept 28? A different story everytime I talk to them. I am heading over that way tomorrow to see what the story is this time.

dee_harrison
Explorer
Explorer
Well its been a year and my unit is back in the shop. This time the AC unit quit working, The awning motor went out, The bathroom leak still leaks a bowl of water a day under the cabinet and I am having them replace the tv antenna at my cost.

Told it would be a couple weeks. Well its been 5 weeks. I have cancelled 2 camping/fishing trips. Took over 4 weeks to get warranty authorization and then the parts get ordered? Today makes 5 weeks today, still no camper and communication is about as poor as it gets.

I am thinking I got a lemon, both in Indy camping world and Forest River! In the future will be buying somewhere else and something else.

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Sorry for your experience.
Unfortunately 'quality control' is poorly lacking at ALL RV . mfg. facilities. Dealerships end up having to repair items that should have been done at factory prior to shipping rig.
So you take it back........then it sits on dealers lot for weeks and weeks.

If you are handy YOU can fix majority if items faster/better/cheaper and have the use of your RV.

Hot water leak under bathroom sink.......tighten the fitting. Most are just hand tightened

Heat duct....connect it ....they just slip on and then use a spring clip to hold in place

Fixed/stationary antenna.....that is what came with the trailer. You can upgrade but it will cost you parts/labor as that is not a warranty issue

Gas only water heater.....same. Standard equipment. Upgrade will cost you.
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

Sandia_Man
Explorer II
Explorer II
Sorry to hear about your troubles with your new Wildwood TT, unfortunately all manufacturers are pushing these rigs out the door as fast as they can. Jayco does build some good trailers and come with a 2 year warranty. Was there a reason you didn't want to go with another Jayco? If the dealer is worth their salt they will make it right, hopefully most of the issues you experience are minor in nature. No matter the manufacturer, RVs tend to have things that need to be adjusted/replaced under warranty.