cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Wolf Creek/Arctic Fox heater hose mod

anutami
Explorer III
Explorer III
One pretty big flaw in my opinion the Arctic Fox/Wolf Creek brand has is a non ducted furnace. They just have a central heater therefore the bathroom, cabover and basement all lack a way to get heat to them. Lance and other manufacturers have dedicated ducts in all these areas. Every winter I scratch my head and go โ€œwhat was and apparently still is northwood doing/thinking?โ€ When we are Snow camping the cabover and bathroom are freezing cold and my basement plumbing has froze up despite them putting a cheesy little computer fan right by the door where cold air comes in. Not really sure this passes as a 4 season camper Lol! I have just kinda delt with this over the years and use our wave 3 cat heater put it on the stove and point it to the cabover at night;)

Central heater with 2 ducts in the exact same place on my WC 850

Weโ€™ll hopefully this mod will help someone out.

My boat has these pull out heater tubes. So I decided to order one and try it out in the Wolf creek

Heater tube shown on the cabover step

Heater tube installed

Vent now pulls out and can get heat to the cabover or put it into the basement.

Will need to replace the second one and will be able to get heat to the bathroom.
2001 Ford F350 LB Diesel 4x4 CrewCab Stick
2015 Wolf Creek 850 Thermal Pane Windows, Oven, Reinforced Anchor Bolts, 200w Solar, Torklift Tie Downs, Fastguns, Stableloads
3 REPLIES 3

towpro
Explorer
Explorer
the AF 990 has a fan under the step into the wet bath that cycles on and off with the heater, it sucks air through the basement, with the inlet up near the center of the step to get into bed.
2022 Ford F150
Sold: 2016 Arctic Fox 990, 2018 Ram 3500, 2011 Open Range
Sold Forest River Forester 2401R Mercedes Benz. when campsites went from $90 to $190 per night.

jimh406
Explorer III
Explorer III
That's interesting. Did you look to see if the ducting has come loose underneath or ask Wolf Creek/Northwood about the ducting?

'10 Ford F-450, 6.4, 4.30, 4x4, 14,500 GVWR, '06 Host Rainer 950 DS, Torklift Talon tiedowns, Glow Steps, and Fastguns. Bilstein 4600s, Firestone Bags, Toyo M655 Gs, Curt front hitch, Energy Suspension bump stops.

NRA Life Member, CCA Life Member

joerg68
Nomad III
Nomad III
Very nice!
One word of caution, though: it looks like the hoses considerably reduce the available cross section of the outlets.
The operation manual of the furnace specifies a minimal discharge requirement that needs to be fulfilled for safe and reliable operation.

I don't know which furnace you have. This document gives the minimum discharge requirements for a number of Dometic furnaces - see pages 10/11:
https://epi.dometic.com/externalassets/dometic-medium-furnace_9600000923_81452.pdf
2014 Ford F350 XLT 6.2 SCLB + 2017 Northstar Arrow