cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

X-Chocks - What a difference

PeteK-Hou
Explorer
Explorer
Bought a set of BAL X-chocks from Amazon. Used them for the first time last weekend. All I can say is ..what a difference! No movement whatsoever when moving around in the camper.

Highly recommend them.

-pete

PeteK-Hou
Explorer
Explorer
segen77 wrote:
Has anyone used these before?
http://www.amazon.com/Ultra-Fab-Products-21-001070-Ultra-Deluxe/dp/B003VAREMS

It seems that they are similar to the x chock, but once you set the tension the first time they install after that point with a lever.

Be aware ..I was given a set of these as a gift, but since they only expand to 5 inches, they wouldn't work on my camper

eb145
Explorer
Explorer
Cotay wrote:
Does anyone know how these compare to the Fastway ONEstep?

http://www.fastwaytrailer.com/onestep

Yes. I have both: the BAL X-Chocks and the Fastway Chocks. I bought the X-Chocks first and several years later, the Fastway Chocks.

The Fastway is what I use all the time now. It is much faster to use and it does both safety chocking and stops back and forth movement pretty much the same as the X-Chocks.

With the X-Chocks you still need to chock the tires first, then level, then apply X-Chocks (read the directions carefully). The X-Chocks definitely stabilize the trailer a lot, I just like the ease of using the Fastway.

When I have a big crowd coming to the campsite I will put both the Fastway and BAL X-Chocks on. That seems to lock things even tighter with a big group in the trailer for dinner.

Ed

segen77
Explorer
Explorer
Has anyone used these before?
http://www.amazon.com/Ultra-Fab-Products-21-001070-Ultra-Deluxe/dp/B003VAREMS

It seems that they are similar to the x chock, but once you set the tension the first time they install after that point with a lever.
Aaron Kennedy

chrispitude
Explorer
Explorer
Expensive but worth every penny!

AH64ID
Explorer
Explorer
It's not the contact points as much as the tension. The two points at the bottom will allow movement where only one tire has to flex. The X-chock requires both tires to flex to get movement and is easier to add tension to the tires.
-John

2018 Ram 3500-SRW-4x4-Laramie-CCLB-Aisin-Auto Level-5th Wheel Prep-Titan 55 gal tank-B&W RVK3600

2011 Outdoors RV Wind River 275SBS-some minor mods

Cotay
Explorer
Explorer
brirene wrote:
Cotay wrote:

http://www.fastwaytrailer.com/onestep/

Looks like the one step serves as more of s traditional chock. The x-lock fits directly between the tires with 4 points of pressure. Looks like an x (get it? ๐Ÿ™‚ ) You can then screw it down to increase the pressure at all 4 points. This effectively decreases, or ends, any movement of the tires.

Well I guess my question really is whether there is any real world difference in the effectiveness of the products. I'm not convinced that two extra contact points really eliminates more movement...but I'd be open to hearing real world feedback. Also I wonder which one is easier to use.

brirene
Explorer
Explorer
Cotay wrote:

Looks like the one step serves as more of s traditional chock. The x-lock fits directly between the tires with 4 points of pressure. Looks like an x (get it? ๐Ÿ™‚ ) You can then screw it down to increase the pressure at all 4 points. This effectively decreases, or ends, any movement of the tires.
Jayco Designer 30 RKS Medallion pkg, Trail Air pin
'05 F350 6.0 PSD CC 4x4 DRW LB B&W Companion, Edge Insight

โ€œCertainly, travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living." Miriam Beard

Cotay
Explorer
Explorer

barbrude
Explorer
Explorer
We just bought a set on eBay for $58.95 plus $9.95 shipping. Delivered quickly too!

Fresno_Tundra_D
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks to those who responded with the cost information. That doesn't sound too bad. And only a minute or so to install. Sounds like a new toy is in my future!!
E.Lee Galik

AH64ID
Explorer
Explorer
I have done 1 trip with them and they do work very well!!

I was considering multiple ways to eliminate the fore/aft sway and this was the easiest and very effective.

$75.33 for the pair shipped.
-John

2018 Ram 3500-SRW-4x4-Laramie-CCLB-Aisin-Auto Level-5th Wheel Prep-Titan 55 gal tank-B&W RVK3600

2011 Outdoors RV Wind River 275SBS-some minor mods

PeteK-Hou
Explorer
Explorer
robsouth wrote:
PeteK-Hou wrote:
No movement whatsoever when moving around in the camper.

Highly recommend them.

-pete

Why is that important to you? I never really gave the little movement a second thought. Just curious.

Maybe I had more movement then you? Maybe I just didn't want to feel that movement?

brirene
Explorer
Explorer
Fresno Tundra Driver wrote:
How long to install and take off?

Maybe a minute for each side...if you take your time. Probably several Sellers on Ebay. That price seems to be pretty standard, give or take a couple of bucks. Well worth it, IMO.
Jayco Designer 30 RKS Medallion pkg, Trail Air pin
'05 F350 6.0 PSD CC 4x4 DRW LB B&W Companion, Edge Insight

โ€œCertainly, travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living." Miriam Beard

BBFD
Explorer
Explorer
I just got mine from Amazon for ~$75 with free shipping thru Mrs. BBFD's Prime account. I got the idea for getting them from a Camping Wold email but they were about $100 ON SALE. Thanks CW for giving me the idea to purchase them from somebody else....;)

Glad to hear they work great as we get a lot of movement at night with the kids in one end in a bunkhouse and us at the other end. You can feel them move and roll over.
2013 Ram 3500 Crew Cab Laramie CTD
2017 KZ Durango 292BHT