cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

X chocks won't open??

pmfinnegan2
Explorer
Explorer
A few days ago I ordered the Bal X Chocks extended version. They just arrived. I ordered 2 of them. For some reason I cannot get either one of them to open or move at all. I have tried to turn the bolt/screw in both directions and nothing.

Am I missing something??
pmfinnegan2
2016 Chevrolet Silverado Double Cab
5.3L Vortec V8, 4X4
2018 Jayco JayFlight 29BHDB
Equal-i-zer Hitch, Prodigy Brake Controller
5 REPLIES 5

thib2722
Explorer
Explorer
Mine were a pain to open, too. I had my wife pull on one side, and I pulled the other. By the way, I never again have closed them that much. It's too much turning to get them set.

memgrove
Explorer
Explorer
I had to pull mine open when they came out of the box, then exercise them with the impact wrench to free them up a bit. The impact was probably over kill but I wasn't going to do it with that little wrench they sent. After a few uses they work freely by hand.
Mike
2006 Chevy 2500 4X4 crew cab Gasser
2013 Dutchmen Denali 311 BHS (Love the trailer HATE the manufacture!)

pmfinnegan2
Explorer
Explorer
That was it, thanks guys. It just needed a bit of force to get it going, then all went smooth and easy. It was helpful to know which direction to extend and which to retract. Thanks again.
pmfinnegan2
2016 Chevrolet Silverado Double Cab
5.3L Vortec V8, 4X4
2018 Jayco JayFlight 29BHDB
Equal-i-zer Hitch, Prodigy Brake Controller

diazr2
Explorer
Explorer
Nope pretty much that' it. Maybe you should just give it a good hard tug. Make sure your going clock wise to extend and counter clock wise to retract. Probably just a little stiff because they are new.

brirene
Explorer
Explorer
They might just be very tight. Mine get that way occasionally. Other thing to look for is to make sure the cotter pin that locks the mechanism is in place. If not, it will just spin. I think it would be very unusual for them to be missing in one, let alone both. Your wrench is locked, right?
Jayco Designer 30 RKS Medallion pkg, Trail Air pin
'05 F350 6.0 PSD CC 4x4 DRW LB B&W Companion, Edge Insight

โ€œCertainly, travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living." Miriam Beard