Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

2018 Wolf Creek 850 wiring diagram

Davem_
Explorer
Explorer
Hello All,
I'm wiring up an inverter and there are 4 different wires that are terminated directly on the positive terminal of the battery and some do not go through the kill switch under the sink. One is blue, the others are red. Some I've been able to trace, others are hidden in large wiring bundles. Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the 850? I've sent a request to Northwoood but so far no response. Can't find any diagrams online for the unit.

Any help is appreciated!
14 REPLIES 14

DrMEMS
Explorer
Explorer

DaveM,

Did you wire the inverter to directly drive all of the 120 VAC outlets? That's what I want to do, but when in this mode I need to: (1) not charge the battery from 120 VAC, (2) disconnect the shore 120 VAC input, and (3) disconnect the generator input. How did you accomplish this?

I just received the 120 VAC and 12 VDC wiring diagram from Northwood for my 2022 Wolf Creek 850, but they don't show the shore power, generator, or the connection to the battery!

Davem_
Explorer
Explorer
Yea, found them all.... the large ones went to the starter of the generator. Duh!

And as an aside, the reason I cared about it was I wanted to make sure that the kill switch actually was a kill switch and would disconnect all potential power consuming items from the battery circuits. Multiple pathways to the battery made this a big mystery to me and that was what I was concerned about. I didn't want circuits sneaking in and avoiding my kill switch.

I'm set now and also received wiring diagrams for the camper directly from Northwoods so happy about that. Thanks everyone. Inverter project complete.

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
katysdad wrote:
possibly electric jacks if installed

Nope.. Northwood doesn't have a separate wire to the battery from the Jacks. There's a large cable that feeds all the DC. That cable feeds through some circuit breakers, which also serve as a bus bar for the jacks and roof top solar. The other side of the breaker(s) go to the DC Panel.
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator

MORSNOW
Navigator
Navigator
On my 2014 WC850 the jack controller is under the sink, battery charger under the step on the left, water pump under the step on the right. Power wires in the battery box for the main power, generator, and solar.
2014 Wolf Creek 850SB
2012 GMC Sierra SLT 2500HD 7,220# Truck/10,400# Camper Fully Loaded

Bedlam
My Arctic Fox jack controller was under the sink. The battery charger and water pump were under the step slightly left.

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

towpro
Explorer
Explorer
If I recall the electric jack module was also in the front of the camper under the step to get into the bed.
2022 Ford F150
Sold: 2016 Arctic Fox 990, 2018 Ram 3500, 2011 Open Range
Sold Forest River Forester 2401R Mercedes Benz. when campsites went from $90 to $190 per night.

mkirsch
Nomad II
Nomad II
Davem! wrote:
I've identified all the wires (1 was from the solar charge controller and the other is for external panels if you have them) but one last thing that is a mystery.... The largest red power cable from the battery does not appear to come up under the sink and I cannot find where it terminates. I can see it go from the battery box under the floor towards the front but then it's lost. The same for the largest negative cable. Not sure what other compartments I can open up to find it!

Heads toward the front? I would suspect that they come out at the umbilical that goes to the truck.

Putting 10-ply tires on half ton trucks since aught-four.

katysdad
Explorer
Explorer
possibly electric jacks if installed
Dodge Ram 3500 DRW Diesel

terrybk
Explorer
Explorer
I will say that Northwood (Arctic Fox) and NuWA (Hitchhiker) were generous with their engineering drawing and diagrams when I asked. Both also spent time on the phone going over details I needed at various times.
2005 Chevrolet 3500 SRW 4X4 LB/CC D/A
2006 Bigfoot 25C9.4LB
CEK0515 and a dog

mbloof
Explorer
Explorer
Davem! wrote:
Hello All,
I'm wiring up an inverter and there are 4 different wires that are terminated directly on the positive terminal of the battery and some do not go through the kill switch under the sink. One is blue, the others are red. Some I've been able to trace, others are hidden in large wiring bundles. Does anyone have a wiring diagram for the 850? I've sent a request to Northwoood but so far no response. Can't find any diagrams online for the unit.

Any help is appreciated!

Actually in all honesty - who cares what other things are connected to the battery?

When adding a inverter you'll be adding fused large gauge wires directly between the battery and your new inverter. Then running wiring from the output of the inverter to outlet or transfer switch or (insert AC powered device here).

In general the RV industry has been horrible at ever making, maintaining or publishing wiring diagrams.

- Mark0.

terrybk
Explorer
Explorer
Yeah, don't email or use the contact form. Call. Works every time,
2005 Chevrolet 3500 SRW 4X4 LB/CC D/A
2006 Bigfoot 25C9.4LB
CEK0515 and a dog

greenno
Explorer
Explorer
Call Northwood and ask for the service dept.
Speak to Justin or Travis. Both of those guys are knowledgable on systems.

I have gotten electrical and plumbing schematics from those guys for my 2019 AF990. Usually takes more than one phone call or e-mail but they have always come through for me.
Good luck.

Davem_
Explorer
Explorer
I've identified all the wires (1 was from the solar charge controller and the other is for external panels if you have them) but one last thing that is a mystery.... The largest red power cable from the battery does not appear to come up under the sink and I cannot find where it terminates. I can see it go from the battery box under the floor towards the front but then it's lost. The same for the largest negative cable. Not sure what other compartments I can open up to find it!

SoonDockin
Explorer II
Explorer II
Possible things
House 12v breaker panel
Solar
Generator Start
battery charge from 110v charger
2022 Ram Laramie 5500 60" CA New pic soon
2018 Arctic Fox 1140 Dry Bath
Sold 2019 Ford F450 King Ranch (was a very nice truck)