cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New Truck Camper Forum Comments

MORSNOW
Navigator II
Navigator II

I wonder how many will come over to the new forum page from RV.Net?  I thought we would see all of our old subjects over here and just continue on as usual, but so far they haven't been moved.  I hope the forum continues as this was the last page that had much helpful traffic left, or maybe the Facebook truck camper pages are our last resort?  Well, hi everyone and reply if you're over here checking it out.

IMG_4074 (002).jpg

2014 Wolf Creek 850SB
2012 GMC Sierra SLT 2500HD 7,220# Truck/10,400# Camper Fully Loaded

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

evanseegmiller
Community Manager
Community Manager

Hey @MORSNOW

We are working on transferring all Truck Camper Content over to the new Truck Camper group! There is a lot of content so it might take us a while but eventually, we will get there! 

Thank you for your patience while we work to set up this new community. If you have more feedback we would love to hear it! 

(p.s. - we love the photo & want to see more) 

View solution in original post

63 REPLIES 63

MNtundraRet
Navigator
Navigator

My last RV was a motorhome. It just happens that this truck-camper forum was the first one with old RV.Net members finding our way here after the old forum folded. We all learned how to use this Goodsam forum by posting here. We all helped each other here. 

😁

Mark & Jan "Old age & treachery win over youth & enthusiasm"
2003 Fleetwood Jamboree 29

MNtundraRet
Navigator
Navigator

Welcome here Freddy.  Without any mods showing up, this may be like the "Old West". No sheriffs in town.

For now, we just keep mudding through. 

😄

Mark & Jan "Old age & treachery win over youth & enthusiasm"
2003 Fleetwood Jamboree 29

I'm here but not heavy handed in moderation unless things turn uncivil or run against the rules of the forum.

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

just you or are the others hiding in the background also? 

2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100

There are other moderators but I am probably the most public of them. I don't mind the engagement but I do have a full time job unlike many of others that are retired. You will get a response from me, but it may not be as immediate as you may want. These positions are volunteer, so the people holding moderator positions are doing this to support the community rather than line their pockets.

exactly, thats how I explained it in the comunity support forum to some one.  I used to be involved in a few boards in the mid 90's one I was a part owner in, and did modding when I wasn't away with the navy.  used to be a lot harder in thoes days as you had to have a cheat sheet of comands to do different things not drop down menus like things seam to be now haha

2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100

Thank you for all you're doing for this page Bedlam!  I was a moderator of a Yamaha Side by Side page for many years and know you have limited powers on a site like this.  Moderators are volunteers who try and make these forums run while the first in line for members to beat them up for things they have no control over.  Most of us know better, and wanted to see this replacement RV.Net succeed, but obviously it didn't make it.  Forum's as a whole are slowly dying off for the instant responses on social pages like Facebook.  The problem with Facebook is that you get all kinds of misinformation and terrible searches for past information that was valuable.  Again, Thank You! 

2014 Wolf Creek 850SB
2012 GMC Sierra SLT 2500HD 7,220# Truck/10,400# Camper Fully Loaded

I don't think forums as a whole are dying off at all.  this one is an exception and it still may survive.

we always had a real cyclic posting on rvnet/goodsam or what ever other portal you entered from, it was always slow in the winter, went fro 0 to 100 in the spring , slowed a bit in the summer as everyone was camping, the ramped up in the fall again and settled down to minimum for the winter again.. for over 21 years I have been watching it do this.. this year we went dead almost during the winter, didn't get the mad rush in the spring and stayed slow...  we will see what the fall brings.  

personaly I think part of the issue was that people who used the rv net portal had to use their original email address that they joined with.  I am not yet retirement age, and if you think I can remember a email address I used over 21 years ago to start my account on this board your sadly mistaken, now how do we expect some one who is around 70 to remember that, I don't care who you are the average person forgets stuff like that as they age, but then we remember stupid things like our childhood phone number from 50 years ago...... 🤣

2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100

I moderate a few forums in which I have interest, some are Facebook groups. FB has much more traffic but is poor at organizing and archiving information. You find much more redundancy in questions and content in those groups than in conventional forums where topics can be organized and indexed. FB is for the here and now but not for the yesterday or what was important.

There are probably a lot of others out there that didn't switch over.  I hadn't used RV.Net in years and signed in to good sam last week just for a look see and to post a faucet fix I did recently. I wasn't hiding, I was AWOL.  Seems like there were a lot more on RV.Net.

rpnelson11
Explorer III
Explorer III

I don't think too many people will use this.  This forum does not work very well.

the forum actualy works quite well, yes its a different format and takes some time to get used to and yes it does have it quirks like using a bold to highlight new posts instead of somthing that stands out more and not highlighting old posts with new comments.  the problem is it was to much of a change at ones with to much confusion for a lot of people and they just said screw it.  

2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100

Bedlam

Remember that the solution button is just as optional as the like button. If it doesn't fit the narrative of the post, you do not have to use it.

I have seen the solution button but don't know what it does - ,- so I am afraid to try it.  Wife says go ahead, touch it.