cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

So what did you do to your Truck Camper today?

Mello_Mike
Explorer
Explorer
I saw these threads in some of the other Open Roads RV Forums, but didn't see one for TCs.

I'll start...

I installed Interior LED puck lights and a 12v power outlet.
2016 Northstar Laredo SC/240w Solar/2-6v Lifeline AGMs/Dometic CR110 DC Compressor Fridge
2013 Ram 3500 4x4/6.7L Cummins TD/3.42/Buckstop Bumper with Warn 16.5ti Winch/Big Wig Rear Sway Bar/Talons w/SS Fastguns
My Rig
1998 Jeep Wrangler
US Navy Ret.
3,114 REPLIES 3,114

GoinThisAway
Explorer
Explorer
Installed a set of Torklift Stable Loads.
2008 Dodge 3500 DRW 4x4
2008 Bigfoot 25C10.4
Torklift/Fastguns/Hellwig/StableLoads

Parts_Jimmy
Explorer
Explorer
Looks like a nice project.
2000 Ford F350 Power Stroke Diesel
2005 Northstar 8.5 Adventurer
2007 Sea Pro 195FS

My Photo Album

Mello_Mike
Explorer
Explorer
RockyRoadCamper wrote:
Where is Apache Trail?

Central Arizona.
2016 Northstar Laredo SC/240w Solar/2-6v Lifeline AGMs/Dometic CR110 DC Compressor Fridge
2013 Ram 3500 4x4/6.7L Cummins TD/3.42/Buckstop Bumper with Warn 16.5ti Winch/Big Wig Rear Sway Bar/Talons w/SS Fastguns
My Rig
1998 Jeep Wrangler
US Navy Ret.

RockyRoadCamper
Explorer
Explorer
Where is Apache Trail?

Mello_Mike
Explorer
Explorer
Just finished driving the historic and scenic Apache Trail. Here are a few pics, more can be found in my blog.

My Rig
1998 Jeep Wrangler
US Navy Ret.

Chief_2
Explorer
Explorer
Did some more insulation of dead spaces. Found that my entire compartment where my water pump is going up behind my shower had zero insulation in it plus a good size cut out leading into the bathroom cabinet. I purchased some small bags of batt insulation from Lowes and stuffed it up there. Even though I couldn't get all the way to the top of the wall it has to help some. Next is under the bed and the wall behind the bathroom cabinet with some foam board.
2005 Lance 1181 Loaded
2005 Chevy 3500 4X4 Duramax, Edge Attitude Tuner, 5" Exhaust, Airaid, Ranchos, Air Bags, Hellwig Big Wig
2007 38RL3 Mobile Suite
2001 Bass Tracker 185

JoeChiOhki
Explorer II
Explorer II
Decorated it for the holidays, will have a post about that possibly tonight or this coming weekend.

I also got myself a nice dry erase board that I put on the freezer, also a project post to come.
My Blog - The Journey of the Redneck Express

CB

Channel 17

Redneck Express

'1992 Dodge W-250 "Dually" Power Wagon - Club Cab Long Bed 4x4 V8 5.9L gashog w/4.10 Geared axles
'1974 KIT Kamper 1106 - 11' Slide-in
'2006 Heartland BigHorn 3400RL

mountainkowboy
Explorer
Explorer
Watched it get snowed on.
Chuck & Ruth with 4-legged Molly
2007 Tiffin Allegro 30DA
2011 Ford Ranger
1987 HD FLHTP

TwoMaineiacs
Explorer
Explorer
Picked up the camper at TC Warehouse on Friday after Bill Penny fixed a mystery heat problem with the Chalet double slide. Turned out the original install had one of the heat ducts so close to a pipe that when the hot air expanded the duct, it pinched the heat off!! Bill rebuilt it and now the bed area is toasty warm. He also figured out a way to extend the dump valve so it was easier to get to. Joe was having to crawl under the camper to reach the pipe to attach the sewer hose - never fun. Bill built this -

I forgot to close the grey and black water valves off before we left so yes that is water in the elbow. All is now drained and winterized. The new extension to the sewer pipe will come off easily with three screws and a hose clamp. Nice addition.

Time to put it away and are we ever lucky not to be buried in snow. We thought we'd have an indoor place to store this year but that fell through. Joe wanted more support for long term storage so picked up these six ton jacks from Harbor Freight. 2X4 fits perfectly in the grooves at the top of the jack.

The jack legs are down also but the weight of the camper is now shared by the yellow jacks for more stability in snow load.

Getting older is not fun especially going up on a ladder to put the cover on. We need to "borrow" the kids down the road next year. The ADCO cover didn't fit of course but we had expected that. It was originally bought for the Lance 1121 and fit perfectly. It was too baggy on the Host and way too small for the Chalet. Also has lots of duct tape on it but covers about 2/3 of the camper. Finished it off with a tarp all bungy corded down. Hey - we live in the woods so it's not a fashion statement.

Sad to see it go away but we'll be planning for next years travels.
2011 Chalet Double Slide on a 2013 F-450 Diesel DRW
On the Road Again from Rural Maine
Our travel blog with photos

mountainkowboy
Explorer
Explorer
Bill T wrote:
Anybody use the auto water filling systems?

Have one on the S&S. It works great, otherwise I would have to pull the battery out to check and fill the water everytime.
2007 Tiffin Allegro 30DA
2011 Ford Ranger
1987 HD FLHTP

Bill_T
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Kerry, I will do some research on them.

Bill T
Bill and Debbie
2007.5 SILVERADO HD DA CREWCAB LTZ 4X4 ARE CAP
2003 Nash 25S TT

2012 Lance 855S

1996 Coleman Taos pop-up
1970 jeepster,v-6

kerry4951
Explorer
Explorer
Bill T wrote:
Dug down into the bowels of the electrical/ battery compartment to see what battery the dealer installed. What a pia that was. Turned out to be an EverStart marine battery.

Sure is going to rough checking the water.

Yes, on my old MH. Had (4) 6 volts and used the water fill system. It worked wonderful. Went to AGM batteries in the TC so I dont use the system anymore.
2009 Silverado 3500 dually D/A, Supersprings, Stable Loads, Bilsteins, Hellwig Sway Bar.
2010 Arctic Fox 1140 DB, 220 watts solar, custom 4 in 1 "U" shaped dinette/couch, baseboard and Cat 3 heat, 2nd dinette TV, cabover headboard storage, 67 TC mods

Bill_T
Explorer
Explorer
Dug down into the bowels of the electrical/ battery compartment to see what battery the dealer installed. What a pia that was. Turned out to be an EverStart marine battery.

Sure is going to rough checking the water.

Bill and Debbie
2007.5 SILVERADO HD DA CREWCAB LTZ 4X4 ARE CAP
2003 Nash 25S TT

2012 Lance 855S

1996 Coleman Taos pop-up
1970 jeepster,v-6

_DJ_1
Explorer II
Explorer II
After several years of putting up with spindly legged saw horses that I had to crawl under the TC and make sure the legs were spread and place a 2x4 under each foot, I made these bases today.

Now I can slide them in with one hand to position them and they are DONE!!!! :B

'17 Class C 22' Conquest on Ford E 450 with V 10. 4000 Onan, Quad 6 volt AGMs, 515 watts solar.
'12 Northstar Liberty on a '16 Super Duty 6.2. Twin 6 volt AGMs with 300 watts solar.

mountainkowboy
Explorer
Explorer
Made a final "punch" list for things that need to be done and/or tested. We have a 4 day TC weekend coming up in January, so I need to get on it. If I get it done early enough.....might slip out to the desert for a test run.

Got my Stable Loads for the truck, but high winds are still here. So I still cant load the TC. Have converted all the interior lights over to LED except for the bathroom. We dont use much battery now.
2007 Tiffin Allegro 30DA
2011 Ford Ranger
1987 HD FLHTP