cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

So what did you do to your Truck Camper today?

Mello_Mike
Explorer
Explorer
I saw these threads in some of the other Open Roads RV Forums, but didn't see one for TCs.

I'll start...

I installed Interior LED puck lights and a 12v power outlet.
2016 Northstar Laredo SC/240w Solar/2-6v Lifeline AGMs/Dometic CR110 DC Compressor Fridge
2013 Ram 3500 4x4/6.7L Cummins TD/3.42/Buckstop Bumper with Warn 16.5ti Winch/Big Wig Rear Sway Bar/Talons w/SS Fastguns
My Rig
1998 Jeep Wrangler
US Navy Ret.
3,114 REPLIES 3,114

turtletalk
Explorer
Explorer
mountainkowboy wrote:
Re-loaded the TC, centered this time. I'm not sure how I managed to get it 2" off to the drivers side when I loaded it last time. Cut down the wall between the dinette and kitchen that was there to support the bunk above the dinette. It's amazing how much more open the TC is with it gone. We will never use the bunk and we will be re-designing the upper bunk area for more storage and better access with some bigger doors, a new non-hinged front panel and an added shelf, splitting the area into 2 levels.

great idea--had not considered that but will now.

mountainkowboy
Explorer
Explorer
Re-loaded the TC, centered this time. I'm not sure how I managed to get it 2" off to the drivers side when I loaded it last time. Cut down the wall between the dinette and kitchen that was there to support the bunk above the dinette. It's amazing how much more open the TC is with it gone. We will never use the bunk and we will be re-designing the upper bunk area for more storage and better access with some bigger doors, a new non-hinged front panel and an added shelf, splitting the area into 2 levels.
Chuck & Ruth with 4-legged Molly
2007 Tiffin Allegro 30DA
2011 Ford Ranger
1987 HD FLHTP

donlu
Explorer
Explorer
Finished painting and then installing the mount to hold the tv receiver box which fits on the wall bracket for the tv. Figured out why the generator kept restarting without pressing the start button... the start button outside on the generator was stuck in the "on" position. Easily fixed. Started thinking about what we need to pack for our Christmas weekend away. Wishing we were already retired and could travel in the TC more often.

skyhammer
Explorer
Explorer
I changed out 16 regular light bulbs to LED. 9 more bulbs to go.
2011 Host Everest, 11.5',triple slide.
2011 F-350,DRW,CC,LWB,4X4,6.7

portscanner
Explorer
Explorer
Put a piece of 3/4" polystyrene board that has the shiny foil on one side and a piece of 1/2" thick blue Styrofoam (tm) board between the storm window and outside cab window to keep the cabover warmer in the winter and cooler in the summer.

Also put shelves in the cabinets over the kitchen sink.
One beautiful wife -Trooper and Doc the furcampers
2019 Dodge 4500 Flatbed with 2013 Chalet TS116 http://www.brittanynews.us

SugarHillCTD
Explorer
Explorer
Spent the day in our TC cutting Reflectix to cover the roof vents and most of the windows.

We don't put our toys away for the winter. That is THE reason we are back in a truck camper- our mobile motel room, all 4 seasons.
John & Cathy
'12 Chevy 2500HD CC 4x4 sb
'16 Cougar 25RKS w/ Andersen rail mount
'13 Eagle Cap 850 (sold). B4 that a few other TCs and a TT

Kidoo
Explorer
Explorer
Insulated a little more. There is a lot of place for improvement on the Bigfoot 4 seasons. The generator box only has a thin layer of fiberglass insulation and one area without any isolation, so I hadded a 1 inch Rose Foam toped with a double bubble foil. The propane tank has no insulation at all between the box and the camper, it is just a thin layer of plastic box and the aerated door, so I hadded 3 inch fiberglass with a layer or double bubble.
Behind the shower, the outside shower has no insulation at all, I sprayed some Can Foam over the area.
Monaco Cayman 34 2003, Cummins 300HP
Bigfoot 2008, 10.4, F350, 2006, Diesel 6.0, Black, 4x4, long box, Air lift, Rancho 9000, Rear sway bar.

DoneItAll
Explorer
Explorer
Off-loaded so that I can use the truck to gather some campfire wood. Drained the water heater and fresh water tank. Thought about pumping in the pink stuff. Soon, very soon. Certainly within the next week.

John
John & Harriet on the beautiful Eastern Shore of Maryland
2008 F450 4X4 Crew Cab
2017 Lance 2375 Travel Trailer

_DJ_1
Explorer II
Explorer II
I somehow threw my back out several days ago and it is not coming back very fast. I am really falling behind on my winter projects!!! ๐Ÿ˜ž
'17 Class C 22' Conquest on Ford E 450 with V 10. 4000 Onan, Quad 6 volt AGMs, 515 watts solar.
'12 Northstar Liberty on a '16 Super Duty 6.2. Twin 6 volt AGMs with 300 watts solar.

pa_traveler
Explorer
Explorer
Pulled truck out from meatal shed . Put jacks down,slide out, and inside step off,unplugged camper from bed of truck shut off disconnect switch, changed sure power isolater 1314 to 1314a.

Conch_Cruiser
Explorer
Explorer
looking for leaks
1999 Chevy 3500 SRW 4x4 Crew Cab Long Bed
1996 Coachmen Ranger 100SD
Tork Lift Front Tie Downs
Happijac Rear Tie Downs
Ride Rite Air Bags
Polar Cub AC Model 9201a-776 8,300BTU
Honda EU2000i generator

JumboJet
Explorer
Explorer
Replaced Sure Power 1314 Isolator with the 1314A. Tested the isolator by connecting to my truck and observed with a volt meter while the intake heater grid was cycling on my cold Dodge Ram. Solenoid would click - voltage would go up to 13.nn on the camper battery pole. Solenoid would click and voltage drop to 12.nn on the camper battery pole. After several off/on cycles, I buttoned it all up and called it good.

Moved the battery disconnect switch that was hidden under the step to the slide-out to next to the slide-out override switch. What engineer decided to locate that switch in such an inconvenient place?

garryk6
Explorer
Explorer
Chief 2 wrote:
Finished up insulating under the bed and the bathroom cabinet area. The only place I have left is the closet, but not sure about putting the foam board in there. Any one have any ideas of using something different?

Try "Reflectix" it is a double-foil-backed bubble-wrap insulation. Make sure to spray-glue, or seal edges with foil-duct-tape to keep moisture from getting behind it. I have insulated most of my camoer with it, and we survived a week of single-digit weather with a few nights to -9F. It is only 1/4" thick, so it doesn't take as much space away, which is important on a camper!

Garry in Kodiak, AK
Garry K
Wife + 4 kids
Retired Military Family.... Alway's on the move....
2002 F350 CCSB 5.4 6spd 4x4 in AK
1966 Avion C-10 Truck Camper

mountainkowboy
Explorer
Explorer
Putting it back up on the truck and working alittle more on the inside.
Chuck & Ruth with 4-legged Molly
2007 Tiffin Allegro 30DA
2011 Ford Ranger
1987 HD FLHTP

Chief_2
Explorer
Explorer
Finished up insulating under the bed and the bathroom cabinet area. The only place I have left is the closet, but not sure about putting the foam board in there. Any one have any ideas of using something different?
2005 Lance 1181 Loaded
2005 Chevy 3500 4X4 Duramax, Edge Attitude Tuner, 5" Exhaust, Airaid, Ranchos, Air Bags, Hellwig Big Wig
2007 38RL3 Mobile Suite
2001 Bass Tracker 185