cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

So what did you do to your Truck Camper today?

Mello_Mike
Explorer
Explorer
I saw these threads in some of the other Open Roads RV Forums, but didn't see one for TCs.

I'll start...

I installed Interior LED puck lights and a 12v power outlet.
2016 Northstar Laredo SC/240w Solar/2-6v Lifeline AGMs/Dometic CR110 DC Compressor Fridge
2013 Ram 3500 4x4/6.7L Cummins TD/3.42/Buckstop Bumper with Warn 16.5ti Winch/Big Wig Rear Sway Bar/Talons w/SS Fastguns
My Rig
1998 Jeep Wrangler
US Navy Ret.
3,114 REPLIES 3,114

coasties1
Explorer
Explorer
Bought a Dish Drying Mat so after washing the dishes they can be placed on the mat that will absorb the excess water and keep it from running off the counter
Busy going when and where we want

dadwolf2
Explorer
Explorer
Installed a more secure barrel key/lock on the cargo/storage door instead of the CH 751 that 99% of the RV's have.
2005 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD,4X4,NV5600
2014 Adventurer 86FB

noxinnhoj
Explorer
Explorer
someone said they injected urethane glue into the screw hole,not sure how that would work,?
1995 silverado dually,2005 lance 915 lite

sirdrakejr
Explorer
Explorer
I believe I read on this forum a long time back that one could buy a solvent/sealer that could be injected into rotted wood to restore it. If that is true, could you use that to redo the wood in the wing without having to remove the covering?
Then put new oversized screws in the same holes you took the other SS screws out of?
Just a thought.
Frank
2011 Palomino Maverick 1000SLLB on a 2004 Dodge Quadcab CTD Ram3500 SRW long bed equipped with Timbren springs, Stable Load bump stops, Rickson 19.5" wheels/"G" range tires and a Helwig "Big Wig" rear anti sway bar.

noxinnhoj
Explorer
Explorer
Finally a sunny day here on the wet coast so i went out and removed the s.s. screws around the wings of my 2005 lance lite with the intention of pro-flexing them back in to seal them better.Passenger side went well,drivers side(sure alot of u know where this post is going,lol),all the bottom screws spun,just pulled them out by hand.Oh well,thank god for the tc university as I think I can repair the rotted particle board myself.I just hope I can peel the filon off without breaking it.I dont have covered storage so I am looking forward to a sunny forecast so I can make it better than new!!!!!:)
1995 silverado dually,2005 lance 915 lite

Boatycall
Explorer
Explorer
Mello Mike wrote:
Boatycall wrote:
Today's project, take out the junkie Kenwood Mp3/cd stereo and put in a much nicer double-din Kenwood touch screen am/fm/dvd.

I want to do this mod, too, Boatycall. If you don't mind me asking, what model Kenwood did you buy?

I had a slightly older DNX5140 kicking around on the shelf. Double din, touchscreen, dvd, and gps/nav. I have 3 of them actually, one in my Jeep, and one more in my truck.
Catch is, the GPS/nav on this one didn't work and Kenwood wanted $350 to fix it. Then it dawned on me yesterday to toss it in the camper. Since I have the same one with a working gps in the truck, I figure if I'm so drunk I need GPS to get me from the bunk to the toilet, I'm in serious trouble.

I'll go get a picture of it in the camper. This is the same one in truck...with it's gps working.

The reason I have 3 of these---
I am an avid audio nut. I've done car/home/industrial audio for 20+ years. Alpine was my flavor of choice for years(for decks only), then I got a deal on one of these and I was hooked. It has everything---
*GPS built in, made by Garmin
*DVD/CD, that works when you're going down the road(for the passengers)
*Built in crossover for it's own internal 50w x 4 amp - just add an amp for a sub, and you don't need a mid/highs amp. Or at least I haven't.
*USB port for ipod or thumb drive
*MP3 player via a home burned CD or thumb drive(I have a 16Gb thumb drive plugged into them)
*Rear View Camera input
*Three band PARAMETRIC eq - for those of you who know what that is, that's awesome to have built in.
*Add on HDRadio, Sirius or XM. I plan on getting the HDRadio add on box, I've had it before on other radios, works great, and it's less than $80 on Ebay.
'15 F450, 30k Superhitch, 48" Supertruss, 19.5's, Torklift Fast Guns
'12 Eagle Cap 1160, 800watts solar, Tristar MPPT, Magnum Hybrid 3k Inverter
'15 Wells Cargo 24' Race Trailer, 600 watts Solar, TriStar MPPT, Xantrex 2kw inverter
'17 Can Am X3 XDS Turbo

dakonthemountai
Explorer
Explorer
Yesterday I backed the camper back under the carport after my trip to Half Moon Bay and Big Basin Redwoods State Park...and gave it a little pat as thanks for a GREAT time. ๐Ÿ™‚ Didn't get the new Boondocker and Trimetric meter installed as planned in Half Moon Bay though....I was having too much fun!! Soon though.... if I don't camp again first! ๐Ÿ˜‰
Dak
2018 GMC Denali "Extreme" and 23' EVO 2050T Travel Trailer
Escapee member #224325-Since 1992

Mello_Mike
Explorer
Explorer
Boatycall wrote:
Today's project, take out the junkie Kenwood Mp3/cd stereo and put in a much nicer double-din Kenwood touch screen am/fm/dvd.

I want to do this mod, too, Boatycall. If you don't mind me asking, what model Kenwood did you buy?
2016 Northstar Laredo SC/240w Solar/2-6v Lifeline AGMs/Dometic CR110 DC Compressor Fridge
2013 Ram 3500 4x4/6.7L Cummins TD/3.42/Buckstop Bumper with Warn 16.5ti Winch/Big Wig Rear Sway Bar/Talons w/SS Fastguns
My Rig
1998 Jeep Wrangler
US Navy Ret.

Boatycall
Explorer
Explorer
'15 F450, 30k Superhitch, 48" Supertruss, 19.5's, Torklift Fast Guns
'12 Eagle Cap 1160, 800watts solar, Tristar MPPT, Magnum Hybrid 3k Inverter
'15 Wells Cargo 24' Race Trailer, 600 watts Solar, TriStar MPPT, Xantrex 2kw inverter
'17 Can Am X3 XDS Turbo

DWeikert
Explorer II
Explorer II
Didn't work on the camper but replaced the stock rear shocks with a pair of KYB Monomax. Haven't loaded up for a test drive yet but I was shocked (no pun intended) with how easy it was to hand manipulate the factory shocks. Original shocks have just under 20,000 miles, and most of that highway, so I don't think it was because they were worn.

Cheers!
Dan
Dan
2008 Chevy D/A 2500HD ECSB
2010 Northstar 8.5 Adventurer

Chief_2
Explorer
Explorer
Just had to replace the water pump. The DW was all ready to get in the shower just after we got set up at Cougar Rock campground in Mount Rainer Nat Park when the pump quit. Man I'm glad she wasn't all soaped up. That would not have been good for either of us. LOL!
2005 Lance 1181 Loaded
2005 Chevy 3500 4X4 Duramax, Edge Attitude Tuner, 5" Exhaust, Airaid, Ranchos, Air Bags, Hellwig Big Wig
2007 38RL3 Mobile Suite
2001 Bass Tracker 185

mountainkowboy
Explorer
Explorer
Moved it from the side yard to the patio behind the garage. I have to replace the water pump this week, it has a leak in the front of the housing .
Chuck & Ruth with 4-legged Molly
2007 Tiffin Allegro 30DA
2011 Ford Ranger
1987 HD FLHTP

JoeChiOhki
Explorer II
Explorer II
QualitySnowman wrote:
JoeChiOhki wrote:

Hmmm.... that looks familiar.... ๐Ÿ˜›

That's almost EXACTLY the same but with a railing!

Well that and it's a 6x10 deck vs an 8x8 ๐Ÿ™‚
My Blog - The Journey of the Redneck Express

CB

Channel 17

Redneck Express

'1992 Dodge W-250 "Dually" Power Wagon - Club Cab Long Bed 4x4 V8 5.9L gashog w/4.10 Geared axles
'1974 KIT Kamper 1106 - 11' Slide-in
'2006 Heartland BigHorn 3400RL

QualitySnowman
Explorer
Explorer
JoeChiOhki wrote:

That's almost EXACTLY the same but with a railing!
~82 Brian "QualitySnowman" Snowden :C

~06 Ram 2500HD Quad 4x4 Laramie 8' Cummins 5.9 - 5" w/o Muff or Cat, Prog, 35's, Intake.
~13 Streamlite 27RKS 32' Champagne Ed.
~07 Honda Rancher 420 EFI 4x4 - 2" Lift, ITP 212 Alloys & 26" MudLite XTR, 2.5k Winch, Camo

JoeChiOhki
Explorer II
Explorer II
QualitySnowman wrote:
Built an 8x8 deck for my TC...

I keep mine at a seasonal site about 20 min from my house as I live in an apartment and it's better than simple storage. If I want to hang out for the weekend, it's always ready, or if I want to go on a trip, just pick it up and go! Built it with my brother (pictured) in 2 1/2 hours on Wednesday night. Put an outdoor bar in the corner of it that he's sitting at.

My Blog - The Journey of the Redneck Express

CB

Channel 17

Redneck Express

'1992 Dodge W-250 "Dually" Power Wagon - Club Cab Long Bed 4x4 V8 5.9L gashog w/4.10 Geared axles
'1974 KIT Kamper 1106 - 11' Slide-in
'2006 Heartland BigHorn 3400RL