cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

So what did you do to your Truck Camper today?

Mello_Mike
Explorer
Explorer
I saw these threads in some of the other Open Roads RV Forums, but didn't see one for TCs.

I'll start...

I installed Interior LED puck lights and a 12v power outlet.
2016 Northstar Laredo SC/240w Solar/2-6v Lifeline AGMs/Dometic CR110 DC Compressor Fridge
2013 Ram 3500 4x4/6.7L Cummins TD/3.42/Buckstop Bumper with Warn 16.5ti Winch/Big Wig Rear Sway Bar/Talons w/SS Fastguns
My Rig
1998 Jeep Wrangler
US Navy Ret.
3,114 REPLIES 3,114

portscanner
Explorer
Explorer
Installed a time so the water heater shuts off one hour after I turn it on, so I dont forget to turn it off (and dont have to listen to it firing up in the middle of the night)

One beautiful wife -Trooper and Doc the furcampers
2019 Dodge 4500 Flatbed with 2013 Chalet TS116 http://www.brittanynews.us

Buzzcut1
Nomad II
Nomad II
finished cleaning up the camper in preparation for this weekend. Gotta say even though the bed is much thicker I still have tons of head room and after 10 straight days on the road with comfortable good nights sleep with zero back pain in the morning. My recomendation is to toss that crappy thin RV mattress and put in a real one

2011 F350 6.7L Diesel 4x4 CrewCab longbed Dually, 2019 Lance 1062, Torqlift Talons, Fast Guns, upper and lower Stable Loads, Super Hitch, 48" Super Truss, Airlift loadlifter 5000 extreme airbags

jtlingo123
Explorer
Explorer
I bought a 1972 Dolphin truck camper two weeks ago (and no it doesn't leak!) and I'm in the process of taping everything off and re-painting the inside. I also tickered with the Duo-therm heater and got it working yesterday! Ran it on high for two hours and it works great! Surprised by the lack of funny smells and fumes, so I guess I lucked out!
Josh Lingo
Snoqualmie,WA.:B

DWeikert
Explorer II
Explorer II
Replaced the incandescent interior bulbs with LED lamps. Picked these up on eBay

link to eBay auction

The seller raised the price since I purchased. I got these for $1.99 ea with free shipping. I see the price is now $2.19, still a heck of a deal. They did sort of trickle in one at a time over the last week or so after a two week wait, but for the price I'm not complaining. Bought a few extra just in case but they've all been good so far. Only caveat is they are polarity dependent, but that's not too hard to figure out. I plan to use a pair to replace the high tail light on the back of the truck cab. I have a boot for the pass through window and on an earlier trip I was stuck in traffic for an extended period and the heat from the brake lights built up under the boot and distorted the plastic lens/housing. Since then I've been unplugging the high brake light before loading the camper, but with these that shouldn't be necessary.

Old incandescent

New LED

The LEDs are a cooler light but plenty bright. Ran a test and the incandescent draws roughly 1.3 amps, the LED's 93 milliamps (.093 amps).
Dan
2008 Chevy D/A 2500HD ECSB
2010 Northstar 8.5 Adventurer

Buzzcut1
Nomad II
Nomad II
spent over an hour using goo off, a brush, soapy water, and a high pressure hose nozzle to get all the dang bug splats off the nose of the TC

2011 F350 6.7L Diesel 4x4 CrewCab longbed Dually, 2019 Lance 1062, Torqlift Talons, Fast Guns, upper and lower Stable Loads, Super Hitch, 48" Super Truss, Airlift loadlifter 5000 extreme airbags

mooring_product
Explorer
Explorer
Living on the edge myself.

Untitled by MooringProduct, on Flickr
Pete
2012 RAM 3500 Mega DRW. Stable Loads and Torklift tiedowns.
2006 Lance 881 Max.

insp1505
Explorer
Explorer
lazarus62268 wrote:
I traveled 4650 miles and spent $2900 for a Stablelift system. Why? Here's why!

Seemed like common sense to me.

Do you own stock in the Stable Lift company? :h You sure are pushing the pictures of that jack failure on us pretty heavily lately. :B

I do hope it's worth the investment for you though. For me that sure seems like an awful lot of money to spend on limiting where you can now go with your TC, but to each his own. I agree it looks like a good idea and no doubt increases the safety while loading/unloading but if I was going to limit myself to being able to go only where a Class A motorhome could go I wouldn't have bought a TC and then I wouldn't have had to worry about the whole loading/unloading thing anyway. I don't even think I could get out of my RV park without tearing off a Stable Lift system so I'll just hang on to my $2900 in case I bend a jack someday.

. . . . . . .I guess I'll keep living dangerously like Buzzcut1 does. And on soft uneven ground too :E

Because I can't do this with a Stable Lift system.

And to stay true to the topic of this thread I de-cluttered the inside of the camper and took out the trash after a weeks worth of work in anticipation of going camping and exploring for a week starting Wednesday. ๐Ÿ˜„

kitesurfer
Explorer
Explorer
Swapped out the cracked fresh water tank with a new tank, that was fun:)

JumboJet
Explorer
Explorer
Washed it and started applying "BugSlide" after returning from a short trip.

big_whitey
Explorer
Explorer
got things ready for 10 days of beach camping!!!!!!!!!

Buzzcut1
Nomad II
Nomad II
guess I'm livin dangerously ๐Ÿ™‚

lazarus62268
Explorer
Explorer
I traveled 4650 miles and spent $2900 for a Stablelift system. Why? Here's why!

Seemed like common sense to me.
Just waitin' for the rapture.

niftypkg
Explorer
Explorer
Completed repairing 2' long vertical gash in the rt side of the camper.( I didn't do it) Patched with glazing compound and sprayed with rustoleum white. No primer. First time was a patch job but held up OK.

Buzzcut1
Nomad II
Nomad II
got up on the roof, pulled the fly gear out of the cargo box and spent 3 hours out on the OX Bows of the Animas in Durango. Followed that up by taking the camper off of the truck so I could get around town and run some errands

DianneOK
Explorer
Explorer
Just looked at it, but did get the boat out and did some fishing :B
Dianne (and Terry) (Fulltimed for 9 years)
Donnelly, ID
HAM WB6N (Terry)
2012 Ford F350, diesel, 4x4 SRW, crew cab, longbed
2009 Lance 971 Truck Camper, loaded

Life Member Good Sam
Geocache..."RVcachers"
RV net Blog

[COLOR=]Camping, nature's way to feed the mosquitoes