cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

So what did you do to your Truck Camper today?

Mello_Mike
Explorer
Explorer
I saw these threads in some of the other Open Roads RV Forums, but didn't see one for TCs.

I'll start...

I installed Interior LED puck lights and a 12v power outlet.
2016 Northstar Laredo SC/240w Solar/2-6v Lifeline AGMs/Dometic CR110 DC Compressor Fridge
2013 Ram 3500 4x4/6.7L Cummins TD/3.42/Buckstop Bumper with Warn 16.5ti Winch/Big Wig Rear Sway Bar/Talons w/SS Fastguns
My Rig
1998 Jeep Wrangler
US Navy Ret.
3,114 REPLIES 3,114

Tizi
Explorer
Explorer
Buzzcut1 wrote:
Prepped it as an escape pod if the coming storm is as big as they say. There is kind of a big **** and lake up valley from us although the 100 yr flood maps in case of dam failure show us to be two blocks outside of the innundation zone

good luck and hope it all works out. so glad we have our rig for the same reason, escape-pod.
2008 Dodge Ram 2500 QC 4x4 - HEMI
2007 Northern Lite 10.2 RR
Tizi's Transformer by Whazoo

Bedlam
A vent cover that allows it to be always open and shades it from the sun would help you. I'm not sure how much shade it would cast on the solar install.

Host Mammoth 11.5 on Ram 5500 HD

billyray50
Explorer
Explorer
Nice job on fan.

work2much
Explorer
Explorer
In todays edition of "This Old Fox"

A new Fantastic Fan!

Model 2250. The camper came with a powered fan but the years and sun had taken their toll. The fan lid no longer went up and down smoothly. The Dometic 2250 has a thermostat so it will cycle to help keep the camper a constant temp.

Removing the old one went pretty smoothly and I managed to get it loose without damaging the original roof.

Installed on roof. Still need to add eternabond tape after dicor hardens.

Inside stock wiring was plenty long. Easy connection.

And the finished product. The garnish ring was too deep. Designed for a roof that was over 4 Inches thick. The AF1150 is only 3 inches and had to be cut down. I used a skill saw with a new 40 tooth carbide blade. It was a bit dicey not to crack it.

2022 Ram 3500 Laramie CTD DRW Crew 4x4 Aisin 4:10 Air ride.

2020 Grand Design Solitude 2930RL 2520 watts solar. 600ah lithium. Magnum 4000 watt inverter.

work2much
Explorer
Explorer
mkasner wrote:
How much more weight did the flooring add? I looked at doing that to our 861 floor and found the planks to be rather heavy

Yes, it's heavy. It took almost exactly 2 boxes. About 70 pounds. The toilet also added about 10 pounds.

2020 Grand Design Solitude 2930RL 2520 watts solar. 600ah lithium. Magnum 4000 watt inverter.

mkasner
Explorer
Explorer
How much more weight did the flooring add? I looked at doing that to our 861 floor and found the planks to be rather heavy

work2much
Explorer
Explorer
K Mac wrote:
Work too much, new floor: I'm just curious to know how much room there is under slides when you retract it , so that it won't scrape your new floor.

The slide is above the new floor and slides over the carpet step up to the dinette. At some point I am going to replace the carpet with the same flooring. Since it's thinner than the carpet it should have ample clearance. I just need to work out termination details for the flooring at the step.

K_Mac
Explorer
Explorer
Work too much, new floor: I'm just curious to know how much room there is under slides when you retract it , so that it won't scrape your new floor.

K_Mac
Explorer
Explorer
Took tarp and snow off for the second time this week this morning. I put a tarp on before each snow as it's much easier to get the snow off the tarp, than off the cover. I can keep the tarp more taught than I can the cover. The a/c makes a great "ridge" adding in the snow removal. Retired and too much time. Lol

d3500ram
Explorer III
Explorer III
Ugh! cleared another 12" of snow off the roof.
Sold the TC, previous owner of 2 NorthStar pop-ups & 2 Northstar Arrows...still have the truck:

2005 Dodge 3500 SRW, Qcab long bed, NV-6500, diesel, 4WD, Helwig, 9000XL,
Nitto 285/70/17 Terra Grapplers, Honda eu3000Is, custom overload spring perch spacers.

billyray50
Explorer
Explorer
Nice job on floor.

DOITHARD
Explorer
Explorer
Flooring looks great...
'12 F450 6.7L, 4x4 Crewcab Longbed Airlift 5000 Stableload Reese 48" ext Torklift Fastguns Blistein 4600 Bigwig Rear Sway Bar.
'16 Lance 1172 Loaded
'16 Haulmark Vnose 20
'12 Range Rover Sport
Honda Rincon 03'
Pol 02' TB 250
Kids: 4,8, 9 & twins 28
Patient wife

scud
Explorer
Explorer
I checked on the dehumidifier.
1999 F350 4x4, crew cab, diesel, SRW, front and rear Hellwig sway bar, Hellwig air bags, Tork lift fast guns, super hitch and truss. Toyo AT 2.
2016 Arctic Fox 990

Grit_dog
Nomad III
Nomad III
Flooring looks sweet!
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

stufarmer
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks to all of your help I'll be able to finish connecting the Campers Electrical and get started on the Air Bags and Sway Bars.

Once again, thanks for all your advise !!