cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

So what did you do to your Truck Camper today?

Mello_Mike
Explorer
Explorer
I saw these threads in some of the other Open Roads RV Forums, but didn't see one for TCs.

I'll start...

I installed Interior LED puck lights and a 12v power outlet.
2016 Northstar Laredo SC/240w Solar/2-6v Lifeline AGMs/Dometic CR110 DC Compressor Fridge
2013 Ram 3500 4x4/6.7L Cummins TD/3.42/Buckstop Bumper with Warn 16.5ti Winch/Big Wig Rear Sway Bar/Talons w/SS Fastguns
My Rig
1998 Jeep Wrangler
US Navy Ret.
3,114 REPLIES 3,114

BriGuy8679
Explorer
Explorer
Took the camper off the tuck and getting ready to repaint the base and ceiling. Gathered the spare parts from the junk yard to turn my truck into a "camper" special. Getting everything ready for a maiden voyage.

mountainkowboy
Explorer
Explorer
Just got home from a 3-day drycamp in the Palm Desert. This was the first real camping we've done, since finishing the outside rebuild of the S&S. It preformed flawlessly. Can wait to get back out again.
Chuck & Ruth with 4-legged Molly
2007 Tiffin Allegro 30DA
2011 Ford Ranger
1987 HD FLHTP

Buzzcut1
Nomad II
Nomad II
Ol man winter just showed up. the temps have plummeted from 70 on Saturday to 34* and dropping at 7pm Sunday. I will be using it for work next weekend so the water tank is close to full. I guess the furnace is going to be on for the next few nights to keep everything warm
2011 F350 6.7L Diesel 4x4 CrewCab longbed Dually, 2019 Lance 1062, Torqlift Talons, Fast Guns, upper and lower Stable Loads, Super Hitch, 48" Super Truss, Airlift loadlifter 5000 extreme airbags

Reddog1
Explorer II
Explorer II
Camping (dry camping) at Bodaga Bay, California, so far today I just started the Honda and made a pot of coffee, then turned on the water heater.

The suns a shinning, looks like another 45 to 50 degree sunny day.

Wayne

2004.5 Ram SLT LB 3500 DRW Quad Cab 4x4
1988 Bigfoot (C11.5) TC (1900# w/standard equip. per decal), 130 watts solar, 100 AH AGM, Polar Cub A/C, EU2000i Honda

Toad: 91 Zuke

JimK-NY
Explorer II
Explorer II
Did not do anything today...just drove 300+ miles. Here is yesterday's list:

Built three trays for the medicine cabinet so stuff does not fall into the cat pan, floor, or toilet when the door is opened. (Used thin cardboard and covered everything with duct tape. Works great. I guess I could have used colored duct tape but I am happy with the standard gray stuff. Did a quality job, took 3 hours.

Added a US map of the states visited.

Got a replacement RV dish drainer with a compartment for the flatware.

Fixed the water heater. I was about ready to take the thing to Camping World for repair. Had repeatedly cleaned the ignitor/flame detector. Plugged and unplugged the connections numerous times. The last time did the trick. So before replacing components just really make sure the connections are clean.

kerry4951
Explorer
Explorer
Loading it up and getting ready to head out west. Interstate 10 sounds good. Its alot tougher to get things ready when its below freezing out. Taking the UTV and planning on hitting some trails. It was great feeling when I took the snow plow off the UTV. The plows definitely staying at home.
2009 Silverado 3500 dually D/A, Supersprings, Stable Loads, Bilsteins, Hellwig Sway Bar.
2010 Arctic Fox 1140 DB, 220 watts solar, custom 4 in 1 "U" shaped dinette/couch, baseboard and Cat 3 heat, 2nd dinette TV, cabover headboard storage, 67 TC mods

scolew325
Explorer
Explorer
repaired/replaced dry-rot on the wing around of generator area and side post, what the jack attaches to. Probably going to repair/replace the other side. Heck, when I'm finished I will have a new camper.
Scott T. Lewis

Buzzcut1
Nomad II
Nomad II
spent most of the day in EMS recertification classes but when I got home I installed the extension mirrors to my 03 F350 Dumbo Ear Mirrors

2011 F350 6.7L Diesel 4x4 CrewCab longbed Dually, 2019 Lance 1062, Torqlift Talons, Fast Guns, upper and lower Stable Loads, Super Hitch, 48" Super Truss, Airlift loadlifter 5000 extreme airbags

dakonthemountai
Explorer
Explorer
I DROVE my truck with the camper on it!! I have actually only driven the truck solo twice to work since I bought it (and the camper) a few months ago and have just been ITCHING to drive it with the camper loaded. Today I drove about 40 miles all over the mountain to see how it handles with the camper loaded and fully packed. I'm pleased to say that it did GREAT! No issues. Plenty of power, no swaying or rocking, stops great and handled the winds up here today quite well! NOW I want to go camping!!! It brought back memories of when I had a NEW 1992 GMC dually and Weekender camper, only it was a foot longer.. LOVE IT! ๐Ÿ™‚
Dak
2018 GMC Denali "Extreme" and 23' EVO 2050T Travel Trailer
Escapee member #224325-Since 1992

sundowners
Explorer
Explorer
Today we are parked-up in a very plesent carpark next to River Arade in Portugal after spending the morning wandering around a very nice market/town in the sun----
Yesterday--------
I fixed a piece of board to the floor of the over-head area with coach bolts to pull the ally sheeting back up----it was doing a good job of destroying the cab roof as it was sagging down--------looks good today
Nigel & Pamala

Chief_2
Explorer
Explorer
Camped in it at the Tampa, Fl RV show. 70 degrees and sunshine! More of the same today.
2005 Lance 1181 Loaded
2005 Chevy 3500 4X4 Duramax, Edge Attitude Tuner, 5" Exhaust, Airaid, Ranchos, Air Bags, Hellwig Big Wig
2007 38RL3 Mobile Suite
2001 Bass Tracker 185

mark_be
Explorer
Explorer
When I bought the truck, the parking brake light didn't work anymore.

Today I removed the parking brake switch to file away the oxidation and put it back in. Works perfectly now. ๐Ÿ™‚
2001 Ford F350 7.3 Diesel (DRW Crew cab Long bed)
Sonnax TQ and Sonnax 4R100 rebuild - 6.0 transmission cooler and OTW cooler.

2011 Arctic Fox 992 - 2.5kW propane generator - 315AH Trojan batteries - 2kW pure sine wave inverter - 140Wp solar

mountainkowboy
Explorer
Explorer
dakonthemountain wrote:
mountainkowboy wrote:
We went to camping world for some last minute things before the weekend outing and went by the scales.

So Chuck, you KNOW the weight police want to know! ๐Ÿ˜‰ What were the numbers! ๐Ÿ™‚

Dak

Sorry....Scaled today, loaded and ready to camp 10,260 gross, 3,760 front axle, 6,500 rear axle. Door sticker says 10,000 GVW, 4,000 front axle, 7,400, rear axle. all in all.....I'm pretty happy, the truck handles it without issue. It has the camper package and stableloads with Bilstien shocks. :C

Came up the front of the mountain in hella winds at 45mph.
2007 Tiffin Allegro 30DA
2011 Ford Ranger
1987 HD FLHTP

dakonthemountai
Explorer
Explorer
mountainkowboy wrote:
We went to camping world for some last minute things before the weekend outing and went by the scales.

So Chuck, you KNOW the weight police want to know! ๐Ÿ˜‰ What were the numbers! ๐Ÿ™‚

Dak
2018 GMC Denali "Extreme" and 23' EVO 2050T Travel Trailer
Escapee member #224325-Since 1992

mountainkowboy
Explorer
Explorer
2007 Tiffin Allegro 30DA
2011 Ford Ranger
1987 HD FLHTP