cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

So what did you do to your Truck Camper today?

Mello_Mike
Explorer
Explorer
I saw these threads in some of the other Open Roads RV Forums, but didn't see one for TCs.

I'll start...

I installed Interior LED puck lights and a 12v power outlet.
2016 Northstar Laredo SC/240w Solar/2-6v Lifeline AGMs/Dometic CR110 DC Compressor Fridge
2013 Ram 3500 4x4/6.7L Cummins TD/3.42/Buckstop Bumper with Warn 16.5ti Winch/Big Wig Rear Sway Bar/Talons w/SS Fastguns
My Rig
1998 Jeep Wrangler
US Navy Ret.
3,114 REPLIES 3,114

mountainkowboy
Explorer
Explorer
Removed the old caulk from the escape hatch and resealed it....what a pain.
Chuck & Ruth with 4-legged Molly
2007 Tiffin Allegro 30DA
2011 Ford Ranger
1987 HD FLHTP

_DJ_1
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have a long list for my new to me SunLite. I just finished swapping out the G27 battery for a G31 Trojan. Added a battery meter and 12 volt receptacle.

Next on the list is convert the closet to shelves and build a bed spacer/basement so it clears my tall Ford cab.
'17 Class C 22' Conquest on Ford E 450 with V 10. 4000 Onan, Quad 6 volt AGMs, 515 watts solar.
'12 Northstar Liberty on a '16 Super Duty 6.2. Twin 6 volt AGMs with 300 watts solar.

mwallin01
Explorer
Explorer
Resealed basement doors and dreamed of loading it in the truck ,and calling in sick tommorow!
2008 F-350 CC 4X4 SRW 6.4 DSL
2007 31' Cameo
1995 Lance 945
1981 CJ 7 6cyl

Buzzcut1
Nomad II
Nomad II
worked on designing the new battery holder so I can fit 2 group 31 AGM batteries in my battery compartment. Getting it ready to head out to Yosemite on Dec 10th
2011 F350 6.7L Diesel 4x4 CrewCab longbed Dually, 2019 Lance 1062, Torqlift Talons, Fast Guns, upper and lower Stable Loads, Super Hitch, 48" Super Truss, Airlift loadlifter 5000 extreme airbags

dokkema1
Explorer
Explorer
returned from camping in it....mondays SUCK

Mello_Mike
Explorer
Explorer
Replaced the OEM solar plug on the roof with a new solar panel combiner box from AM Solar. I've ordered a couple 60 watt panels and will need the combiner box for the additional inputs.
2016 Northstar Laredo SC/240w Solar/2-6v Lifeline AGMs/Dometic CR110 DC Compressor Fridge
2013 Ram 3500 4x4/6.7L Cummins TD/3.42/Buckstop Bumper with Warn 16.5ti Winch/Big Wig Rear Sway Bar/Talons w/SS Fastguns
My Rig
1998 Jeep Wrangler
US Navy Ret.

Atchafalaya_man
Explorer
Explorer
Replaced the two big O-Rings on the kitchen faucet's main post and stopped the little leak that was present when the faucet was opened all the way. $2.79 and 15 minutes. Life is good.

mountainkowboy
Explorer
Explorer
Check over my sealing job in depth today, after letting it sit uncovered in the deluge that we got on Sunday. Not a drip or a drop inside and the seal job looks great.
Chuck & Ruth with 4-legged Molly
2007 Tiffin Allegro 30DA
2011 Ford Ranger
1987 HD FLHTP

noxinnhoj
Explorer
Explorer
After a solid week of brutal pacific northwest wind and rainstorms I went to check on the lance today.We live in a townhouse that doesnt allow rv storage so its in my freinds driveway,10 minutes away.I am so glad I put a cover on it,I got my trusty flashlight and climbed in,doing a c.s.i. type of water intrusion inspection,lol,all went well,no leaks.I found a can of beer,left over from our last trip and enjoyed it while listening to the rain pound on the roof,oh my,I am looking forward to the spring.Its our first tc and the first winter putting it away for the winter,next year its going under a barn roof,with a cover,lol
1995 silverado dually,2005 lance 915 lite

sundowners
Explorer
Explorer
Today I found that the short on the 110v circuit was caused by a screw from a new awning rail I fitted------not, as I thought, from a fixing bolt from new roof box !!!! So I isolated one power outlet, now everything (except that one outlet) working fine.
I also fitted another 240v outlet----European electrics are 220v/240v-----------but we use 110v to run laptops, cameras, mobile phones etc.--------------------------I am happy with progress today

Nigel & Pamala--------Mildenhall---UK

Atchafalaya_man
Explorer
Explorer
Repaired a rotted wing, and then covered the new wood with aluminum flashing material. It will never get wet and rot again. Why doesn't the factory do them this way? Duhhhhh

AnEv942
Nomad
Nomad
Took cabinet door off to replace mirror I broke when I leaned against it while installing light. Sweep the bench after removing frame from almost perfect replacement that was 8" to long. Laid the door out, marked mirror. Using top of door to support mirror (flatter than my bench)scored width of glass to within 1/4" of edge when door rocked causing me to roll cutter off edge-snap.

Cleaning up glass discoverd one of the felt pads had fallen off & got under door. After some thought Recut mirror & reinstalled the frame after trimming. Installed new mirror on door. Now Im designing a small shelf to sit on lower part of door under new mirror -
thats 8" to short....
01 Ford F250 4x4 DRW Diesel, 01 Elkhorn 9U
Our camper projects page http://www.ourelkhorn.itgo.com

Buzzcut1
Nomad II
Nomad II
ticki2 wrote:
Buzzcut1 , what breed is dog #3 ?

That's Kozmo he is a Minature American Shepperd (formerly called Miniature Austrailian Shepperd until the AKC in their infinite wisdom changed the name)
2011 F350 6.7L Diesel 4x4 CrewCab longbed Dually, 2019 Lance 1062, Torqlift Talons, Fast Guns, upper and lower Stable Loads, Super Hitch, 48" Super Truss, Airlift loadlifter 5000 extreme airbags

ticki2
Explorer
Explorer
Buzzcut1 , what breed is dog #3 ?
'68 Avion C-11
'02 GMC DRW D/A flatbed

Buzzcut1
Nomad II
Nomad II
used it as a man cave on a rainy day with my 3 dogs