cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VIDEO: Installing A 250 Amp Alternator To Power Truck Camper

Camper_Jeff___K
Nomad III
Nomad III
I Installed A BIG 250 AMP Alternator To Power The Truck Camper. I will need to upgrade my Victron 30 amp dc to dc charger to two Victron 50 amp dc to dc chargers in parallel, to realize the full power of this alternator to power the TC Lithium Batteries. With 900 watts of solar and 1300 watts Alternator, plus the 400 amp hour AH of the TC batteries, we should be able to run a rooftop AC unit during the hottest days using a Victron 3000 Watt Inverter/Charger. In this video, you will also be able to hear the difference between the stock exhaust pipe, and the finished, modified, 50 State emissions Legal, Y-Pipe and Gibson Headers, with Ported, Port Matched, Ported Out, Exhaust Ports, to maximize breathing. The Air Intake has also been enlarged from 2-1/2" to 3-1/2". The throttle body gasket, I removed all the comb like teeth on it, gaining about 10% greater, unobstructed air flow capacity. A lot of effort has been made to this engine to increase power, efficiency, and mileage, without increasing fuel intake. The engine runs beautifully and has definitely gained a good amount of power and has increased typical mileage from 8.5 to 10 mpg, to now, 11.75 Mixed to 13 mpg Freeway. A decent improvement.
There are many videos covering all work done to this engine to, if You Will, "Bullet Proof" the engine. I will be making a video soon covering all work done in a short version, and the costs incurred making all the repairs and improvements.
Enjoy the video. Please do give a Like, Comment, Question, Share, and SSUBSCRIBE to support the video. See you on the next Video!
I Installed A BIG 250 AMP Alternator To Power The Truck Camper. I will need to upgrade my Victron 30 amp dc to dc charger to two Victron 50 amp dc to dc chargers in parallel, to realize the full power of this alternator to power the TC Lithium Batteries. With 900 watts of solar and 1300 watts ...
1 REPLY 1

StirCrazy
Navigator
Navigator

is there any issue with running the voctrons in parralel?  I would just buy a single higher powered dc to dc, maybe a 120Amp one like THIS 

2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100