cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ADUANA/Banjercito Vehicle Documents Required?

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
PLEASE KEEP THIS ON TOPIC, I BEG YOU...

Recent experiences at any Mexican POE for vehicle TIP.

What vehicle documents did Banjercito DEMAND (requirement) to see when obtaining a Temporary Vehicle Importation Permit.

In Specific: Has anyone used a STATE MOTOR VEHICLE REGISTRATION CERTIFICATE -SOLELY- as a document to obtain a TIP. The last time I did this at SONOYTA Aduana told me to bring in the CURRENT YEAR registration for my vehicle. I had grabbed the registration for the year before and Banjercito refused it. To be specific this was not the vehicle TITLE (called here THE PINK SLIP) but the white registration certificate. I returned with the current year vehicle registration and they issued the TIP.

SECOND QUESTION: Has anyone come across any MEXICAN LAW or government document that declares that THE OWNERSHIP CERTIFICATE(S) must be carried in the motor vehicle displaying a TIP? Links or posted images would work.

It should be obvious what I am pursuing...
5 REPLIES 5

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
What exactly is a negotiable certificate of ownership? Title? Pink slip? We have neither in Canada although in some provinces you do sign over the registration when you sell a vehicle. I would never travel with a Title.

Moisheh

MEXICOWANDERER
Explorer
Explorer
What I seek is factual experiences in which not having a negotiable certificate of ownership caused problems. First hand not here-say. My question seeks facts and your answer QTLA9111 in my humble opinion is extremely valuable. Thank you.

I am looking for the individual that can state for a fact they encountered a serious problem by not carrying the ownership certificate. The question is not posed as a statement, position or argument. It is pure, fact-finding.

In event of a TOTAL DESTRUCTION in which the owner of the vehicle wishes to sign over ownership to ADUANA rather than have the vehicle towed back to the US border, is an ownership certificate MANDATORY? For the release of ownership to the Mexican treasury I mean?

Thank You All

qtla9111
Nomad
Nomad
This is my finding from SAT:

Aduana Mexico

Original o copia certificada del acta de hechos de la autoridad que tomó conocimiento del accidente, con las características del vehículo (año, modelo y número de serie).

I also called InfoSat 01 800 46 36 728 (en México), 1 877 44 88 728 (desde Estados Unidos y Canadá), opción 7, seguida de las opciones 2, 2, 1 y 1. I was told Aduana is only interested in the original permit. Should you not have it due to accident, theft, fire, etc., a certified copy of ther TIP will suffice.

I asked about the need to carry factura or title original in the car and she said that would be up to the local authorities such as the Federales. I didn't call them.

I can say from my personal experience with Mexican vehicles, we were chastised by SAT as we entered back into Mexico at the Km 26 for carrying the original pedimento for the trailer. He said no one should ever have a need to ask for the original title, factura (invoice) or in my case, pedimento.

If this isn't what you're looking for, let me know and I will delete the post.
2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS
Living and Boondocking Mexico Blog

moisheh
Explorer
Explorer
You need a current registration. They are not supposed to accept one that is out of date. You must have the TIP documents in the vehicle if you are stopped. No need for any ownership papers other than a registration. Supposedly Aduana has already checked out your VIN. Please explain exactly what you are pursuing. Maybe Aduana expects you to have the papers but in case your vehicle is hijacked you should ask the bad guys if you can have the papers!!!

Moisheh

Tequila
Explorer
Explorer
It varies, doing them on line they only require an image of them.