cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Charleston up the coast?

johnhicks
Explorer
Explorer
I'm planning to leave James Island County Park, get on US-17 going across the peninsula and up to Huntington Beach SP.

Although I definitely don't like much traffic I'll be starting at 10 a.m. and I don't see any other feasible way to do it. Opinions? Thanks.
-jbh-
5 REPLIES 5

johnhicks
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks folks, it worked out well. Rainy Monday and not much traffic.

We were on site 84 in the elderly HR; Phil we pulled out about a half hour after you did. Site 84 is rather low with lots of standing water and mud.
-jbh-

Phil___Stephie
Explorer
Explorer
We are currently on site 82 until Tuesday AM. Really like this park.

Phil & Stephanie Grey

"Partners In Life"
2016 Allegro 36LA
2007 Chevy HHR
Yorkies; Paisley Marie & Opie Taylor

Nomadac
Explorer
Explorer
johnhicks wrote:
I'm planning to leave James Island County Park, get on US-17 going across the peninsula and up to Huntington Beach SP.

Although I definitely don't like much traffic I'll be starting at 10 a.m. and I don't see any other feasible way to do it. Opinions? Thanks.

It is not that bad, I have done it with a 33' TT and a 38' MH and dinghy. This is a straight line to Rt. 17.
Arnie
2003 Travel Supreme MH
38KSO1 Cummins ISC 350HP
2004 Honda Pilot w/SMI Air Force One Brake Sys.
1963 Pontiac Grand Prix 20' Enclosed Car Trailer

stickdog
Explorer
Explorer
It maybe out of the way but we took I526 around to avoid downtown traffic.
9-11 WE WILL NEVER FORGET!
FULLTIME SINCE 2010
17 DRV MS 36rssb3
17 F350 King Ranch CC DRW 4x4 6.7 4:10 B&W hitch
John
“A good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.” Lao Tzu

fla-gypsy
Explorer
Explorer
johnhicks wrote:

I arrive at James Island on Sunday. Just curious, what site did you have?
This member is not responsible for opinions that are inaccurate due to faulty information provided by the original poster. Use them at your own discretion.

09 SuperDuty Crew Cab 6.8L/4.10(The Black Pearl)
06 Keystone Hornet 29 RLS/(The Cracker Cabana)