cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Jacksonvill, FL to Allentown, PA

vtchris
Explorer
Explorer
I want to avoid DC and metropolitan areas as best as possible. Don't care if small roads or highway.
4 REPLIES 4

DavisK
Explorer
Explorer
padredw wrote:
Looking at the map, an alternative would be to take US 17 at Fredericksburg to connect either with 15 or to go on over to I-81, but I have not taken that route. I can't say, but it might be better.

I-95 to Fredericksburg. US17 to Warrenton. US15 to Harrisburg.
2013 Silverado 2500 HD LTZ CC 6.6L Duramax Diesel
2014 Sunset Trail SF270BH
Holly & Buster, rescued mini Dachshunds

Drbolasky
Explorer
Explorer
Rt. 15 from Gettysburg to Rt. 581 to I-83 north. When you get to the interchange take I-81 north, then I-78 east to Allentown. Rt. 222 is a nice drive but congestion on the two-lane stretch on either side of Rt. 73 is the pits.

If you need directions to a specific destination in Allentown feel free to drop me a PM.

Doug, Linda, Audrey (USN) & Andrew

2008 Sequoia SR-5, 5.7 L, 2000 Coachmen Futura 2790TB Bunkhouse, Dexter E-Z Flex Suspension, Reese W.D. Hitch/Dual Cam Sway Control, Prodigy Brake Controller, McKesh Mirrors
:B

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
95 to i26 to I 77 to 81. No DC, no NJ, no NYC. GOOD ROADS, nice scenery.
My Kharma ran over my Dogma.

padredw
Nomad
Nomad
We did something like this in reverse to avoid Washington and Baltimore a couple of years ago. I'll try to put this in south to north:

At exit 152A take the Ronald Reagan Parkway (we did not find this too congested) to Exit 40 and Highway 15. We followed 15 all the way from Gettysburg to the Parkway. You probably know that US 30 is narrow and congested in places. You would take US 222 from Lancaster. We are not personally familiar with that part of the route.

Looking at the map, an alternative would be to take US 17 at Fredericksburg to connect either with 15 or to go on over to I-81, but I have not taken that route. I can't say, but it might be better.