cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Alaska tour coupon book or one like it

funpro
Explorer
Explorer
We will be on 90 day 5th wheel adventure through BC, YT and Alaska this summer. Will purchasing the Alaska Tour Coupon book, or something like it be worthwhile?

Fishing
Boat tours
Restaurants
Exhibits/museums
etc.
4 REPLIES 4

funpro
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks all for your comments. WE WILL BUY ONE..
Funpro

robanddi
Explorer
Explorer
Absolutely get the book. We have gotten one every other year since 2000. When friends and family come up (three times) they also got the book even for a two week stay and saved money.

Agree get it early on-line and also understand what you have. Their organization doesn't work real well FOR ME when planning stuff so I have put the info into a spread sheet (oh, how left brain can you get!).

We have done things we would not have done and been very happy as a result. Of course, it will depend on your interests but we have taken multiple whale tours out of Valdez, Homer and Seward; we have done the Discovery I,II, or III several times and also the Gold Mine thing where you get a 'seeded' bag and do your own panning. We have landed on a glacier below Denali and can't remember what all else.

Have a great time. We are still dithering on what to do this summer to get out of the Texas heat.

Diann
Robert & Diann
2001 34' Foretravel U270
2015 GMC Yukon Denali XL
Burton TX

lonnie4801
Explorer
Explorer
We have used the TourSaver Coupon book on 3 trips. Have saved between $700 and a 1,000 each time. It is primarily for tours, fishing, cruises, museums, etc. Do not remember any restaurant coupons in it. There is a coupon book available that is primarily restaurants but I don't remember what it is.

The TourSaver is available online and at Carr's Supermarkets in Alaska. You can go to the TourSaver website and look at all of the coupons in the book. If interested, I would recommend buying it online before you leave because there are coupons that can be used before you get to a Carr's store.
2007 HR Ambassador 40'
2015 Colorado Z71 4x4 Crew Cab
West Texas, Retired

Fulltimers. No more grass to cut, no more leaves to rake, and can move if we don't like our neighbors.

Have driven or camped in 49 states. Have camped in all Provinces in Canada.

Ernest
Explorer
Explorer
funpro wrote:
We will be on 90 day 5th wheel adventure through BC, YT and Alaska this summer. Will purchasing the Alaska Tour Coupon book, or something like it be worthwhile?

Fishing
Boat tours
Restaurants
Exhibits/museums
etc.

Absolutely if your doing the things you have listed for two people. In most cases the second person is free. From what I've seen you use it once and it's paid for.

We'll be leaving on our trip July 1.
Good luck
Ernest & Joanne
2000 Tradewinds 300 CAT
2014 Jeep Cherokee Limited
Travelingonthetradewinds.blogspot.com 2014 Alaska Blog
Travelingonthetradewinds1.blogspot.com 2017 South West Blog