Bucket List Trips
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Portland, ME back to Texas w/stop in Philadelphia

Thanks to all the suggestions, I have a pretty good idea about getting to Portland. I am working on the return route but want to stop to see the historic sites in Philadelphia. What route would be best in motorhome with toad? There is a Good Sam Park...

kridg by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Jackson Ca. To Reno NV.

Anybody traveled Highway 88/395 from Jackson Ca. to Reno NV? Will be heading that way with my 43 foot tag and F-150 toad. I have done part of this route in a car but wasn't sure about the portion between Markleville and Carson City NV.

RMNP - Trail Ridge Road Opening Date (and other info)

RMNP has announced the tentative opening date of Trail Ridge Road/US 34 in Rocky Mountain National Park -- May 22nd, weather permitting.Presumably, they've started the process. The road is closed at Many Parks Curve on the east side (8 miles from Ma...

Planning for The Grand Teton/Yellowstone Trip

I am in the planning stages for a trip west from Northwestern Pennsylvania in the summer of 2015. Route will be out to South Dakota, Montana, Wyoming, and back. Idea is to see the Badlands in South Dakota, Black Hills, Devil's Tower, Yellowstone, G...

'California Giant Redwoods'

I'm in Napa California at this time. Where is the southern most site that I can get a good view of the giant redwoods. Are they only growing in Humboldt county area. Thanks for the information.

bazdad by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Best Route from Flagstaff to Kanab

We are traveling from Flagstaff to Kanab. Is it better to travel 89 to Page and then Kanab? We originally planned to travel 89 to 89A to Fredonia and up to Kanab because we had read that portions of 89 were closed. We are pulling a 28 foot tow beh...

garlac by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Peggy's Cove NS

We are taking the 5th to Peggy's Cove NS for 2 weeks in late August 2015, leaving the Toronto area. Two questions, any recommendations for overnight stop along the way. 2. Peggy's Cove...any camping recommendations?Family of four 15 & 13.Thanks in ad...

I5 south through Portland

We had a near miss as we were nearing the end of those interchanges after the river. Suddenly we were in the wrong lane when the road split - very little or late signage. We had to make a quick lane change to stay on 5south which never makes me happ...

Houston, TX to Pittsburgh, PA

We are planning a trip from Houston, TX to Pittsburgh, PA in June. Looking for suggestions of places to stay along the way. We'd like to make the trip in 3 days, so we're really just looking for overnight stops. We'll be spending five days in the P...

johnmicb by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Any mountain passes on this route...from FL-Montana?

Hi,New RV'er. Taking kids cross-country. I'm concerned with steep mountain passes and strong winds and looks like a lot of construction on google maps. Here are the stops we would like make. Please let me know of any passes to steer clear of. An...

bclan6 by Explorer
  • 17 replies
  • 0 likes

Jerry cans? update.page 3

Planning a trip to Alaska. My truck has a small tank and big motor about 200 mile range towing. I thought of getting. Couple of jerry cans 5 gallon and mounting them in the bed for truck and generator. I noticed ebay has different brands some even pl...

Best route

In August we will be staying a few days at North American rv Park in Coram, Mt. We'll be coming from Great Falls. Just wanted to know from anyone whos traveled that way what would be the best route. We're pulling a 32ft 5th wheel. Thanks