cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Best Route From Missouri State To Destin FL

Camper_2012
Explorer
Explorer
Hello, We are planning to take a road trip to Destin Florida from ST.LOUIS MO this summer. Can any of you give us advice on the best route to take? Thanks.
10 REPLIES 10

Not applicable
I am doing the same in May, to Camp Gulf. taking the route to Nashville(64), down to Montgomery, then down the 331 to Destin. Told that is the best. Decatur , Al. is a little more than halfway

Camper_2012
Explorer
Explorer
From St. Louis, MO to Destin FL.

Camper_2012
Explorer
Explorer
From St. Louis, MO.
Camper 2012 wrote:
tatest wrote:
Do you want to stay on Interstate highways (which probably means working your way to I-55, then down to I-10 and across) or are other kinds of roads OK?

Then, where are you starting from? I would take a quite different route to the Gulf Coast from KC or Joplin than I would from St Louis or Poplar Bluff. East side I might route through Nashille and down through Alabama on I-65, west side probably through Little Rock and US-65 to Mississippi then down through Mississippi on US-49 and US-98.
St.Louis MO

Which brings up: would you want to visit Memphis, Nashville or New Orleans along the way?

Camper_2012
Explorer
Explorer
W4RLR wrote:
Interstate 55 South to Memphis. Cross Mississippi River to Interstate 40 East and Interstate 240
Interstate 240 to U.S. 78 East (surface street for several miles)
U.S. 78 East to Byhalia, Mississippi, where it becomes Interstate 22 East.
Interstate 22 East to Coalburg Road near Birmingham, temporary end of Interstate 22. Follow signs to Daniel Payne Parkway and Interstate 65 South
Interstate 65 South to Alabama 55/Alabama 106 South
Alabama 55 to Florida 85 South
Florida 85 to Mid-Bay Bridge Connector (toll road) This avoids driving through Ft. Walton Beach
Mid Bay Bridge to Destin. This route takes you right to U.S, 98, and places like Henderson Beach State Park, Topsail Hill State Park, and all of the Destin attractions.

Thank you guys.

W4RLR
Explorer
Explorer
Interstate 55 South to Memphis. Cross Mississippi River to Interstate 40 East and Interstate 240
Interstate 240 to U.S. 78 East (surface street for several miles)
U.S. 78 East to Byhalia, Mississippi, where it becomes Interstate 22 East.
Interstate 22 East to Coalburg Road near Birmingham, temporary end of Interstate 22. Follow signs to Daniel Payne Parkway and Interstate 65 South
Interstate 65 South to Alabama 55/Alabama 106 South
Alabama 55 to Florida 85 South
Florida 85 to Mid-Bay Bridge Connector (toll road) This avoids driving through Ft. Walton Beach
Mid Bay Bridge to Destin. This route takes you right to U.S, 98, and places like Henderson Beach State Park, Topsail Hill State Park, and all of the Destin attractions.
Richard L. Ray
SSgt USAF (Retired) Life Member DAV
W4RLR 146.52 mhz

2008 Ford F-250 Lariat Crew Cab
1995 Jayco Eagle 277RBSS fifth-wheel

"Never ask a man what kind of computer he drives. If it's a Mac, he'll tell you. If not, why embarrass him?"
Tom Clancy

Camper_2012
Explorer
Explorer
tatest wrote:
Do you want to stay on Interstate highways (which probably means working your way to I-55, then down to I-10 and across) or are other kinds of roads OK?

Then, where are you starting from? I would take a quite different route to the Gulf Coast from KC or Joplin than I would from St Louis or Poplar Bluff. East side I might route through Nashille and down through Alabama on I-65, west side probably through Little Rock and US-65 to Mississippi then down through Mississippi on US-49 and US-98.
St.Louis MO

Which brings up: would you want to visit Memphis, Nashville or New Orleans along the way?

Camper_2012
Explorer
Explorer
rv2go wrote:
The State of Missouri(69,709 square miles)?
or, The school, Missouri State?
From St. Louis,MO

sweetnoni
Explorer
Explorer
Go through Birmingham, Montegomery and south across Fl/Ala. border onto rt 10. Easy route, good roads. Went through Nashville, TN to get there. Finding your own routes over to there would depend on your starting locatioin.

tatest
Explorer II
Explorer II

Tom Test
Itasca Spirit 29B

rv2go
Explorer
Explorer
The State of Missouri(69,709 square miles)?
or, The school, Missouri State?
Winnebago Journey
TN Lic. RV 2 GO
Jeep Cherokee 4x4
I'm here #4335
Blog