cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Best route through/around Burlington, VT

Michael_Madill
Explorer
Explorer
Hi. Has anyone driven an RV through the center of Burlington, VT? Is it do-able, or should I go around the town? I have a Chevy Suburban towing a 30' KZ Sportsman.

I should add that I know Burlington has a lot of steep, hilly streets. And, I've only ever towed once. However, Greyhound coaches manage it. I'd appreciate some perspective.

Thanks! -- Michael
6 REPLIES 6

Michael_Madill
Explorer
Explorer
Hi. Thanks for all your comments. I found an alternate route. Best of luck!

Michael_Madill
Explorer
Explorer
s1214 wrote:
North Beach campground is fairly close to downtown, so it's clearly doable.

Yes. I'm going to the North Beach Campground. My "RV safe GPS" takes me right through the streets that made me ask this question in the first place. Go figure.

ryegatevt
Explorer II
Explorer II
What is your destination? If you are traveling RT 7 there are plenty of Exits, both noth and south, to bypass the city. I would not try to tow thru the city via RT 7 - itโ€™s not worth the hassle.
Steve & Bev
2005 Roadtrek 210
Tess, our Sheltie

s1214
Explorer
Explorer
North Beach campground is fairly close to downtown, so it's clearly doable.

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
Why would you want to drive a rv through?

To get somewhere??? OP probably did not know what Burlington is like, even though he lives in the state.

I haven't been there in a while but I would avoid it if possible.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

agwill
Explorer
Explorer
You can't even drive a car through downtown. Downtown is a walking mall. Why would you want to drive a rv through? RT 7 has lots of stop signs but do able.
al