cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Better Route

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
Better route out of West Yellowstone up to Two Medicine, we have taken us 191 before & found it a nice scenic route up to I-90, question is, is US 287 as good or better, looking on Google street view, it looks like a pretty nice rd.
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus
Zamboni, Long Haired Mini Dachshund
9 REPLIES 9

paulj
Explorer II
Explorer II
The 'better route' subject line is exceptionally uninformative. If it wasn't for the hover feature I'd flag it.

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
Twomed wrote:
dkreuzen wrote:
Actually West Yellowstone is in Idaho 😉 😉

NOT unless they moved it recently. Idaho border is about 9 miles West of town on 20. 🙂 🙂
Thank you Twomed.
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus

Twomed
Explorer
Explorer
dkreuzen wrote:

NOT unless they moved it recently. Idaho border is about 9 miles West of town on 20. 🙂 🙂
Happy Trails 🙂
06 Monaco Dynasty
07 Hummer H3
FMCA 279843

dkreuzen
Explorer
Explorer
Dennis
2012 Monaco Knight 36PFT
2019 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon on 2007 16' Car Trailer

BillMFl
Explorer
Explorer
Fond memories of Two Medicine, St Mary's KOA and Many Glacier campgrounds. Can't do the strenuous high country hiking trails I used to do in Jackson, Yellowstone and Glacier sad to say. But some of the best in the lower 48 are there. Our National Park system is mainly why I got into RVing in the first place. Of course a two person pup tent worked just fine in my younger days.
Order is illusion. Chaos is reality. But right or wrong I'm still the captain. 🙂

bukhrn
Explorer III
Explorer III
paulj wrote:
I don't think you should take a better route. Try a worse one for a change. 🙂 Now what state are we talking about?

http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/28181900.cfm
Normally I'd agree with Matt's post, but for a Senior Member with over 4000 posts, I would think that you'd know that they (W. Yellowstone & Two Medicine) are both in MT.
2007 Forester 2941DS
2014 Ford Focus

paulj
Explorer II
Explorer II
I don't think you should take a better route. Try a worse one for a change. 🙂 Now what state are we talking about?

http://www.rv.net/forum/index.cfm/fuseaction/thread/tid/28181900.cfm

Janss
Explorer
Explorer
Last summer, we really enjoyed driving 287 from West Yellowstone to I-90. Especially enjoyed the first part past Hebgen Lake and Earthquake Lake. After that, it's just a very pleasant, easy drive.
2002 Itasca Suncruiser 32V
2012 Suzuki Grand Vitara

Twomed
Explorer
Explorer
Great route 287/89/2 to Twomed, short stretch of I15 out of Helena, but even that is pretty scenic. JMHO and the way we always go. 🙂 🙂
Happy Trails 🙂
06 Monaco Dynasty
07 Hummer H3
FMCA 279843