cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Boston to Georgia

papac2059
Explorer
Explorer
wondering if 95 going thru NY, NJ, DEL and WASH in a 34ft class A is a straight shot or do I have to detour due to tunnels or bridges because of my propane tank. any help would be helpful. Thank you
11 REPLIES 11

papac2059
Explorer
Explorer
Again thanks for all the info. Heading for Ft Benning.

Devocamper
Explorer
Explorer
avoid CT at all cost
08 NU-WA Hitchhiker Discover America 339 RSB Sold
18 Host Mammoth
07 Chevy 3500HD LT1 EXT Cab LB DRW D/A Sold
18 Ram 3500 SLT Crew Cab DRW 4x2 6.4 4.10's

ct1964ups
Explorer
Explorer
papac2059 wrote:
wondering if 95 going thru NY, NJ, DEL and WASH in a 34ft class A is a straight shot or do I have to detour due to tunnels or bridges because of my propane tank. any help would be helpful. Thank you

We go back and forth from Ct to Ga/Fla...coming out of Boston...I would go 90 to 84 to Newburgh,NY to 87 south to 287 west to 78 west to 81 west....to 77 south into Columbia,SC......NOW.....where in Ga ,I was going,would determine the rest of the trip.....
To Atlanta or the west side...I-75... of Ga...would take 20 west out of Columbia....
If toward the east side of Ga...I-95....would now take I-26 east from Columbia...Chuck
2017 Newmar Mountain Aire Seville on a Freightliner/2015 Granite Grand Cherokee Limited
2012 American Tradition Merlot>>SOLD
Keep The Rubber On The Road
GO NOLES

Horsedoc
Explorer II
Explorer II
Listen to bumpy.
horsedoc
2008 Damon Essence
2013 Jeep Sahara Unlimited
Blue Ox tow

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
LOL Vulc! I do agree that either way on 695 is fine.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

Vulcaneer
Explorer
Explorer
I-90 W. then at Exit 9 down I-84/86 S/W. Then I-91 S to I-695 W to Cheshire, CT. To I 84 W to I 684 S, toward White Plains and to I 287 W. Over the Tappanzee Bridge to Garden State Parkway to New Jersey Turnpike (I-95). Then take I-695 either way around Baltimore. (I find no difference between east or west route). Then 295 to 495 around DC. Then follow I 95 S until I-85 (if heading for central GA.) or I-95 if heading for coastal, GA.

I have tried that DE 301 route mentioned above. I find it to be a long tedious route.

I have also toughed it out on I-95 through NYC over the GWB. If you hit it right it is a breeze. Meaning late at night or on a slow weekend at off hours. But if you get tied up...UGH!!!
'12 F350 SB, CC, SRW, 6.7 PSD, 3.55 RAR, 6 spd auto
2015 DRV 38RSS 'Traditions'
Pullrite Super Glide 18K

Retirement = It's all poops and giggles....UNTIL someone Giggles and Poops.

Crowe
Explorer
Explorer
In a direct answer to your question, yes, you must detour as you cannot go through the Ft. McHenry Tunnel in Baltimore. You can must take the top of the GW bridge. We do Artguys route when we head south, even in when not in an RV. The biggest gotcha will be the traffic just south of DC when you get back onto I95.

I may not have gone where I intended to go, but I think I have ended up where I needed to be

Douglas Adams

[purple]RV-less for now but our spirits are still on the open road. [/purple]

papac2059
Explorer
Explorer
Thank you very helpful. I will look at all

Thank you

esyers
Explorer
Explorer
I would take 95 to the Connecticut/New York state line and then take I-287 across the Tappan Zee to the Garden State Parkway. Garden State South to the NJ Turnpike, over the Delaware Memorial Bridge into Delaware. Then DE-1 to US-301. Just follow US-301 all the way into Virginia and you will hit I-95 just north of Richmond. Although there are tolls in NJ and a few spots on 301 with traffic, it still avoids the propane restrictions and general mayhem of traffic in NYC, Baltimore, and Washington.

Bumpyroad
Explorer
Explorer
take I-81 and avoid Balt., D.C., etc.
bumpy

artguys
Explorer
Explorer
Do the... I-287 NY/NJ loop

I-695(east,with 1 bridge toll) around Balt

I-495(west) around DC

straight shot after that.