Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

branson trip

scout_dad
Explorer
Explorer
Hello,

I am heading to Branson MO in future, been going there over 20 years know how to get there. I live in OKC, OK when I pulled my TT there a few times I been I-44 to Springfield MO,HWY 75 trying to avoid those set of hills especially 3 ones that goes to Branson. I not worried about making those hills but just wanted a better route to avoid those hills. The only other time I came to OK was leaving Branson and heading to Sallisaw OK, by the way of Arkansas ending up I-40.
Seen that I could take I-44 to HWY 412 and go little different route has any one done this and is less hills like HWY 75? Wasn't much difference in time or mileage?

Thanks
5 REPLIES 5

sayoung
Explorer
Explorer
We get on 412 at Fayetteville/Springdale towing our 5er only to Hwy 21 east of Huntsville . We do drive 412 on past Harrison and I see no problems if I was towing.

WE-C-USA
Explorer
Explorer
Last fall, I left Tablerock SP (Branson) and went south on 65 to 412. Took 412 across to I-49, then south. 412 was, IMO, a good way to go. Some 4 lane but mostly 2 lane. I'd go that way again.
Frank & PJ
2022 2500HD GMC Duramax 4X4
2018 Grand Design-Refection 303RLS

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
AR part of 412 between I-49 and US65 is somewhat winding and narrow, but not too bad towing a 35' 5er. Haven't been on 412 across OK.

JRscooby
Explorer II
Explorer II
Not sure when it all happened, but I remember when 65 was a real witch south of Springfield. Last time thru they had made it near interstate. 4 lanes, much straighter, the short steep replaced with longer, but less steep. Less wear on brakes, EZ to pass slower vehicles. But the long pulls more likely to heat engines and transmission.
My brother, with I6 Chevy pulling TT prefers US160 to Mo248 to US465

craig7h
Nomad II
Nomad II
I am sure you mean HWY 65 not 75.

I have not taken HWY 412 but have driven HWY 62 many times. Either way you will end up on the southern part of 65. That part does not have the 3 hills you are talking about.

If you have never stopped in Eureka Springs this would be a good time. Its worth a day or two.

Good Luck love the ozark mountain driving
Itasca Meridian SE 36g
Road Master Tow Dolly