cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Bridge out between Melaque & PV

Tequila
Explorer
Explorer
Can anyone who has driven this stretch since it happened about a week ago let me know what the detour route is like for RV's. Buses are getting through supposedly.
10 REPLIES 10

Tequila
Explorer
Explorer
don't even think of using the san blas route. Its in real bad shape

dkilley
Explorer
Explorer
Rode my motorcycle from Melaque to PV the other day and it was OK. Bumps where there is construction other wise all is good.

Usk_Coastie
Explorer
Explorer
A quick update. I came north through the detour yesterday abut 1200 headed back to Perula. They had just finished putting down a seal coat layer on the road. They were setting up to put down another layer. Should be a minor inconvenience from now until the bridge is replaced.

Tequila
Explorer
Explorer
Talked to a 5th wheel who came south yesterday, I am headed up it today.

Usk_Coastie
Explorer
Explorer
This outage ocured about 1 KM south of Emilio Zapata at about KM 38 going towards Melaque on Hwy 200. Went over the bridge about 15 minutes before it failed in a torrential rain storm. The road was reopened within 24 hours. Typical down it the creek bed and back up detour. Went through it on Thursday both ways with my Sprinter Van. Class A should have no problems unless it is raining as the detour is not paved yet. This is similar to the washout at the turn off to Boca de Iguanas last year. I'm willing to bet it is completely repaired before April 1 st.

Bounder_Lew
Explorer
Explorer
Tequila on the road . I got the following from Tomzap forum on same question..

TOOK THE BUS YESTERDAY FROM PV , RODS BUMPY IN SOME PLACES BUT WAS IN MELAQUE BY 5
Reply Quote Report

del Sol [ PM ] [hide msgs from this user]
Re: PV/Barra highway new
November 21, 2014 04:47PM IP/Host: ---.prod-infinitum.com.mx

First Class Primera Plus leaves at 3:45 +-.

Took it last week, no problems.
An ex Class A with towed. Now Bungalow in Melaque.

Bounder_Lew
Explorer
Explorer
I don't think it is the cost of fuel. Something has happened to the baby boomer demographic, I even think the Snowbird population in S USA is getting older instead of younger. Those born after 1947 should be increasing numbers ,but the numbers are going down here in Mexico, and is my sense of about S USA correct?
These Mexican RV parks are getting more of the new middle class Mexican campers and will probably survive , one would hope.
The RV lifestyle of exploring Mexico is marvelous and something I will cherish always. If God allows me to continue coming down here , I will always be interested in checking out the RV parks and the folks using them.
Keep on RVing Paul, your efforts on behalf of RV ers is very commendable and good for Mexico.
In Maritime Air and the Navy we say BRAVO ZULU.

Tequila
Explorer
Explorer
Bounder Lew wrote:
How are things at LDT Paul? Bocchi court yet? I don't see many RVs at centro or out at Melaque Paradise. What are your speculations on the season and the longterm prospects for RVs in the area?
Thanks for your insight.

Only few here right now, should pick up by Jan, but nothing like the glory days. We ill be bringing a caravan into here in March which should help their bottom line. Biggest issue is fuel prices in Mexico, once the deregulation of Pemex is done, prices should drop. I hope.

sparksmex
Explorer
Explorer
If Primera Plus can make that trip I can't see an RV having a problem

Bounder_Lew
Explorer
Explorer
How are things at LDT Paul? Bocchi court yet? I don't see many RVs at centro or out at Melaque Paradise. What are your speculations on the season and the longterm prospects for RVs in the area?
Thanks for your insight.