cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Camping Jalisco

katevesco
Explorer
Explorer
Looking to relocate somewhere in Jalisco where the will store trailer over summer.
Kate
15 REPLIES 15

katevesco
Explorer
Explorer
Jerry we'did contact Barb & sal. We will go up for a couple of days to see them but I still have to be close to a hospital. We are not thinking the beach mainly because of the humidity. Maybe we will see you this year.
Tequila what a horror story about the mold.
Thank you

Tequila
Explorer
Explorer
BTW, do not store your RV on the coast or near it, unless you can run a dehumidifier 24/7. A guy just died in Melaque from what looks like a legonaire type disease. His RV, which was stored here, was full of mold. Both he & his wife got sick, he died. You want it at high altitude. Winterize it just in case you cant return in winter.

Tequila
Explorer
Explorer
Valle de Juarez (barb & Sal)is a good place to store due to low humidity (Its at 7000 ft). Barb & Sal know a place I beleive. Other alternative close to Guadalajar are Roca Azurl & Chimulco (Villa Corona) both of which are very secure.

BTW barb & sal have a new email address. It's "barbc1952 at yahoo.com"

JerBear
Explorer
Explorer
Happy to report the electric has been repaired at Chemas. The water is of good quality (like Hacienda Contreras)and there is free laundry. We were just there a few weeks ago. The road out to the autopista and Colima is slow going but certainly doable.
JerBear
2007 CITATION Supreme 10'8" Truck Camper,Torklift Fastguns, Torklift Tiedowns,Torklift Superhitch,Reese Front Hitch, Honda EU2000i Generator, 2x100 Watt Solar Panel /MPPT Controller, 2500 Watt Inverter.
2006 GMC 3500HD DRW Ex. Cab Truck, Duramax/Allison

briansue
Explorer
Explorer
A little beyond Tamazula there is a cutoff over to 54 through Tuxpan - if you get lucky you will see the trucks going this way and follow along. We have gone up and down this route a couple times with a 40' with toad. Tamazula can be a bit tight - make sure you follow the main road - good to be behind a truck as they know the way. The number 2 on the map is where Tuxpan is.

Canadian_Rainbi
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Briansue;

Another question: leaving for Colima from Valle de Juarez, does the highway through Tamazula de Gordiano connect with the 54D to Colima or would we have to take the libre all the way, and how is that highway for a 32' DP towing a Jeep?

briansue
Explorer
Explorer
how do we contact them and find them? We tried the old contact info with no luch

Plenty of room - we had our 40 and toad in with no problem - sent a PM with the contact info -

Canadian_Rainbi
Explorer
Explorer
We're looking for somewhere for an overnight stop between Patzcuaro and Colima this coming Monday and are thinking that Valle de Juarez might be a good one. Is the new park big enough for us (32' DP) and how do we contact them and find them? We tried the old contact info with no luch
k.

briansue
Explorer
Explorer
Barb & Sal still have the house in Valle de Juarez and spend at least part of the winter there. We were there with them a couple weeks ago. Sal has worked with his cousin Chema to create another small RV park at Chema's restaurant just out of town toward Hacienda Contreras but not as far. There are 10 spaces with full hookups. Last we heard there were some electrical problems but they were working on getting them fixed. I think you can still use Barb & Sal as the contact to get into the new place. Chema also has a restaurant in town call Retiro about a block west of the square - not sure how to say to find it. The old Hacienda Contreras now belongs to the guy who built the Pemex station next door and I think you can get in by going to the Pemex if you choose to stay there. Valle de Juarez is still a nice little town.

Talleyho69
I believe they moved back to the US after selling their park.

katevesco
Explorer
Explorer
Where is this way? We want to do everything especially see Barb & Sal. Going to email them now

qtla9111
Nomad
Nomad
katevesco wrote:
We do have a cover. We are looking for change. hope we bump into to you both sometime. It has been too long
Kate

Many years ๐Ÿ™‚ Stop by if you're ever this way!
2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS
Living and Boondocking Mexico Blog

katevesco
Explorer
Explorer
We do have a cover. We are looking for change. hope we bump into to you both sometime. It has been too long
Kate

qtla9111
Nomad
Nomad
San Jose del Tajo near Zapopan. I think it would be reasonably priced but I would do it only if I had a cover for the trailer.
2005 Dodge Durango Hemi
2008 Funfinder 230DS
Living and Boondocking Mexico Blog