cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Catskills to Point Lookout, MD

Cass_Sumrall
Explorer
Explorer
We will be traveling this route in our new Tiffin Allegro 32SA towing a Honda Fit next month & are trying to decide whether to go the more direct route skirting NY & Philly or go back to I-81 & the mountains as we are going to do going up from FL to avoid the big cities even though it is 150 miles further.

We have not driven in the NE in many years & have no idea what to expect with the condition of the interstates & traffic but are guessing our easiest routes will avoid the big cities as much as possible.

What do others think?

Thanks,
Cass
1 REPLY 1

Terry_25
Explorer
Explorer
Doubt I'll be very helpful since I had to Google Catskills to see where in NY you are but I'll at least give you a bump.
We are right off I81 and when we go Northeast, we go I78 to I287 and up. Looks like you could come South that way to Harrisburg, PA and pick up I83 to Baltimore. Follow I695 (the Beltway) to the west and pick up I95. Try to time your travel in Balto/Wash between 9A and 3P and you'll be OK. I95 runs with I495, the Washington Beltway. Follow I495 to MD5 and Pt Lookout.
Taking I81 wouldn't help avoid much traffic since you can't avoid the Balto/Wash corridor and still visit Pt Lookout which, by the way, will be worth the ride. Hope this helps.
2016 F-250 Gas
2015 Rockwood 2608WS