cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

CDN/US border closed another month, at least.

garyhaupt
Explorer
Explorer
29 REPLIES 29

Matt_Colie
Explorer II
Explorer II
pianotuna wrote:
What is keeping the border closed is fools who think the vaccine may kill them.

Piano,

Labeling everyone concerned is kind of harsh and this is particularly true of a family friend that will never get a second poke. He was one of those people that was always healthy and happy.

On the way home he started "feeling strange". He had to turn driving over to his wife. She changed the route and took him to emergency. I haven't heard the rest of the story from there except that when he was admitted they immediately started a protocol for this event, but it was too late.

He got the shot, but he left a wife and two college age kids.

Matt
Matt & Mary Colie
A sailor, his bride and their black dogs (one dear dog is waiting for us at the bridge) going to see some dry places that have Geocaches in a coach made the year we married.

SideHillSoup
Explorer
Explorer
Tequila wrote:
On the plus side, there may be some room in campgrounds in BC for those of us who live here

Well in the last 2 weeks of camping in BC there isnโ€™t much room in them campgrounds. Now before that when the weather was still cool and wet, yup lots of room, but not now.

Soup.
2018 Northern Lite 8-11 EX Dry Bath
2017 Sierra SLE, 3500 HD / 4x4 / Duramax with a 6 speed Allison Trans
Torklift Super Hitch 20K, 48" Super Truss, front and rear frame mounted tie downs
Fast Gun Long Range SS Turnbuckles, Fast Gun locks

bgum
Explorer
Explorer
What is keeping the border closed is those who have not been vaccinated for whatever reason. The only ones with a valid reason is those with a medical reason. The others call it personal freedom but it is ignorance and you can't fix stupid. Insanity is more widespread than acknowledged.

Tequila
Explorer
Explorer
On the plus side, there may be some room in campgrounds in BC for those of us who live here

StirCrazy
Navigator
Navigator
pianotuna wrote:

Yup, I totaly agree, although fools may be a little harsh, how about "misslead, or miss informed" people.

Steve
2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100

pianotuna
Nomad III
Nomad III
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

StirCrazy
Navigator
Navigator
pigman1 wrote:
And it goes on, and ON, and ON.... Alaskan tourism is dying rapidly. Ref the public service announcements on TV by the Alaskan Governor promoting tourism, but it's a little hard to be a tourist up there when you cannot drive through Canada. We have friends who own a business up there and it took them HOURS to get through Canadian Customs. They even had to show their US tax returns to prove they had the Alaskan business. Then the same customs people waived through a line of tourists right behind them. No check, no look, just go. Seems it depends on how the Canadian agent feels at that particular minute if you get in or not.

When the friends got to their destination, the RV park they were staying in looked like a ghost town. Practically no one there when there would have usually had a full park at the same time. Another park in the same town is going into some sort of receivership as the owner was not able to keep up his payments. This will take decades to get back to normal. And they talk, and talk, and talk, and talk, but nothing happens!

to be honest, I dont even know why Alaska is part of the US, why don't you guys just come join us in Canada. seriously though, did they not think about this when they were deciding on the boarders? why wasn't there some sort of land swap, like we will trade you this land for alaska.......

Steve
2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100

pigman1
Explorer
Explorer
And it goes on, and ON, and ON.... Alaskan tourism is dying rapidly. Ref the public service announcements on TV by the Alaskan Governor promoting tourism, but it's a little hard to be a tourist up there when you cannot drive through Canada. We have friends who own a business up there and it took them HOURS to get through Canadian Customs. They even had to show their US tax returns to prove they had the Alaskan business. Then the same customs people waived through a line of tourists right behind them. No check, no look, just go. Seems it depends on how the Canadian agent feels at that particular minute if you get in or not.

When the friends got to their destination, the RV park they were staying in looked like a ghost town. Practically no one there when there would have usually had a full park at the same time. Another park in the same town is going into some sort of receivership as the owner was not able to keep up his payments. This will take decades to get back to normal. And they talk, and talk, and talk, and talk, but nothing happens!
Pigman & Piglady
2013 Tiffin Allegro Bus 43' QGP
2011 Chevy Silverado 1500
SMI Air Force One toad brake
Street Atlas USA Plus

StirCrazy
Navigator
Navigator
put me down for after the september long weekend. that has been the hinted at plan all along and I think they will hold to it, but there is more pressue being put on ottawa by the US to open it every month. personaly I think it would be already open if more people whould have got there shots, on both sides of the boarder.

Steve
2014 F350 6.7 Platinum
2016 Cougar 330RBK
1991 Slumberqueen WS100

Grit_dog
Navigator
Navigator
^Not to make it political, but leave it up to your government or our current regime to come up with something like that!
2016 Ram 2500, MotorOps.ca EFIlive tuned, 5โ€ turbo back, 6" lift on 37s
2017 Heartland Torque T29 - Sold.
Couple of Arctic Fox TCs - Sold

JaxDad
Explorer III
Explorer III
profdant139 wrote:
If we promise to send a bunch of vaccine to Canada, will you open sooner? ๐Ÿ˜‰

Iโ€™m NOT going to make, nor do I intend to, make this political, rather just factual.

Unfortunately a bunch of folks in this part of the world are now upset that they got the first available vaccine, being AstraZeneca. They are now finding out that this may mean they are (will be may be a better term) at a real disadvantage. It seems that they may not qualify as โ€œfully vaccinatedโ€ since they wonโ€™t have two shots of US approved vaccines.

Hindsight is a wonderful thingโ€ฆโ€ฆ

pianotuna
Nomad III
Nomad III
Thanks for the link Gary. I hope that they will agree to a vaccination passport.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

SideHillSoup
Explorer
Explorer
Our neighbourhood has a bet going on when it will open.
Most are betting on the day after labour day weekend.
My money is on, after Canadian Thanksgiving.
Only 1 guy bet on after August Long weekend.
Time will tell.
Stay safe everyone.
Soup.
2018 Northern Lite 8-11 EX Dry Bath
2017 Sierra SLE, 3500 HD / 4x4 / Duramax with a 6 speed Allison Trans
Torklift Super Hitch 20K, 48" Super Truss, front and rear frame mounted tie downs
Fast Gun Long Range SS Turnbuckles, Fast Gun locks

profdant139
Explorer II
Explorer II
If we promise to send a bunch of vaccine to Canada, will you open sooner? ๐Ÿ˜‰

This is torture -- we sit here stuck in the USA, looking longingly over the border at all of that gorgeous real estate just waiting to be explored.

I'm attempting to be funny here, but life is so short. I don't have very many more summers of strenuous RV travel.

Oh, well. I am sure the Prime Minister is being prudent in delaying the reopening.
2012 Fun Finder X-139 "Boondock Style" (axle-flipped and extra insulation)
2013 Toyota Tacoma Off-Road (semi-beefy tires and components)
Our trips -- pix and text
About our trailer
"A journey of a thousand miles begins with a single list."

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
Canada waiting for the sky to fall? lol. We're back to normal here in Arizona - everything is open, no masks required, and it's gonna be 112 degrees today.

Guess you could come up thru Mexico as that border is wide open. Might even get some USA benefits.:)
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE