cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Colima RV park

reed_cundiff
Explorer
Explorer
We are currently in Playa Azul and thinking about going to Colima to observe the volcano at a distance. Are there RV parks in Colima
Reed and Elaine
11 REPLIES 11

reed_cundiff
Explorer
Explorer
Dean - should have read your post before we went to Laguna La Maria.

We thoroughly enjoyed our one night at Laguns La Maria and will probably return there and Comala in the future.

Lacuna ka Amaris was 100 pesos for the night with water and electrical hookups. We used neither. Churchs' notes that the sewage dumps are not designed fir RVs. We checked and they are quite narrow.

Strongly recommend for anyone wanting a quiet and cool respite from the heat of the coast

Alas the Volcano has become tranquil once again

Got back to Coconutz RV Park and we looked back to see a marvelous eruption

Reed and Elaine

DeanRIowa
Explorer
Explorer
It appears there might be camping in Tampumachay Colima. I have never seen it but I did eat at one of the restaurants there 20 years ago.

If you going through Comala make sure you stop at one of the bontaneros. Either one of the two as you come into town or the ones right downtown. A few drinks and free food as long as you drink.

Outside of Comala is the magic zone.

In Colima Colima there are the The La Campana ruins/pyramids.

I love the area, I have been going there for 35 years, never camped there though, it is my plan to camp there in 12 years when retired.

Enjoy!

Dean
2015 Summerland 2820 BHGS
2016 Silverado
DW Esmeralda, DS Mathew, DD Natalie

tony_lee
Explorer
Explorer
http://app.ioverlander.com/places/235-laguna-la-maria
Tony
Lots of photos with comprehensive captions at MY PICASA Album
Spotwalla map of our travels - Our Travel map

reed_cundiff
Explorer
Explorer
We are at Coconutz and will go to Colima early tomorrow. Probably check out the Laguna eco-park N of Comala.

We have 415 W of solar and about 5 kW-hr of LFP on Roadtrek 190 so we seldom have cause to use power

tony_lee
Explorer
Explorer
Average overlander is possibly made of sterner stuff, but the last couple to visit found it OK and probably quite OK for one night. If power is iffy, then just don't hook up to it

http://app.ioverlander.com/places/14541-pista-zaragoza

The last visitor a few days ago said (roughly since it is google translated from French

Grassed area on the private ground of Mr. Esteban Zaragoza. No service directly to where we settled for 3 days, but there is a place to drain and refill the water from the tank about 40 meters away. 200 pesos per night. Owner very welcoming. Very quiet and peaceful place. The taxi costs 25 pesos to get around the city of Colima.

OR there is always Walmart.

http://app.ioverlander.com/places/12687-walmart-colima

iOverlander caters for all tastes and wallets
Tony
Lots of photos with comprehensive captions at MY PICASA Album
Spotwalla map of our travels - Our Travel map

sparksmex
Explorer
Explorer
There is an RV Park fairly close to the volcano. They recently upgraded electric service

Laguna la Maria
http://sparks-mexico.com/blog/laguna-la-maria/

Talleyho69
We did the place by the old airport a few years ago. DON'T EVEN CONSIDER IT!!!

Private message me if you need to know more, but you don't even want to consider it. We've read great things about the places on the coast that aren't too far away.

We have many memories and future memories of Hotel Playa Azul, but the very first thing we learned there, back in the 80's was that their electrical connections were classic examples of what to look for when plugging in anywhere.

reed_cundiff
Explorer
Explorer
We are at La Tacla about 75 miles south of Coconutz. We were quite impressed with beauty of Michoacรกn Coast. May spend two days here along with fifty or more surfers. Plan to drive to Colima when we leave here. If the place by old airport is open we might spend the night or maybe try the eco park nearer the volcano. Either way we should be at Coconutz in one to three days and hopefully meet with you.

Hotel Plays Azul was lovely but electrical outlets may not be grounded since the Roadtrek was hot, slight shock when touching metal

Reed and Elaine

reed_cundiff
Explorer
Explorer
We are at La Tacla about 75 miles south of Coconutz. We were quite impressed with beauty of Michoacรกn Coast. May spend two days here along with fifty or more surfers. Plan to drive to Colima when we leave here. If the place by old airport is open we might spend the night or maybe try the eco park nearer the volcano. Either way we should be at Coconutz in one to three days and hopefully meet with you.

Hotel Plays Azul was lovely but electrical outlets may not be grounded since the Roadtrek was hot, slight shock when touching metal

Reed and Elaine

Canadian_Rainbi
Explorer
Explorer
Last year we stayed at Coconutz RV Park in Cuyutlan, a few minutes north of Tecoman just off the 200D before the toll booth. We drove up to Colima from there in the Jeep. If I recall it was about hour's drive to Colima.

Coconutz is certainly doable in a day from Playa Azul. We are in Zihuatanejo and will likely head there from here, planning on a fairly long day.

Coconutz is a nice park with concrete pads and 30 A service. They might even have 50A but am not sure. Super clean washrooms with hot water showers. No wifi. but poor wifi is available at the nearby Fenix hotel.

From there it is a days drive to PV. According to our log book, last year I left Coconuts at 8:30 and arrived in PV at 2:15 including a fuel stop in Barra de Navidad at 10:00

rocmoc
Explorer
Explorer
Not by the volcano but short drive from the Beach RV Parks. In fact it is an easy longer drive in / with an RV from Guadalajara to where you can see the volcano.

rocmoc n AZ/MX
rocmoc n Great SouthWest USA